New HTD Lync Whole-House Audio System - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 64 Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
@Capaill - Full disclosure--I'm in the "finalizing blueprints" mode of new construction, so I've just been dabbling with the software that's out there (demopad) and finalizing my shopping list for whole home A/V (HTD Lync + monoprice + Emotiva).

With this in mind, I've not used the MC product. That said, from what I can gather, controlling the Lync system via iPad & wifi would mean using itach (to IR or 232) or potentially remotely accessing a PC.....all of which I can avoid with the MC.

I think.

...just my $.02 - GST included.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 AM

Liked: 10
I am considering purchasing the MCA-66 and utilizing at least 1, possibly 2 Apple Airport Express' as inputs. This should allow me to wirelessly stream music off of any iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod) into the MCA-66. From the keypads I should be able to select either one of the Airport Express units to connect to and stream my music of choice into a Room/Zone. Doing it this way should eliminate the need for a PC or having to use the built in MP3 player and music selection/playlist/shuffling/etc is controlled directly from the iDevice. My only concern is the ability to custom label the Source. I would like to be able to name them something like AirPlay1, and AirPlay2. I realize I can use custom labels in Lync but it appears as though the MCA-66 has predefined source labels. I guess I could name my AirPort Express units so they mirror whatever source label I use on the MCA-66/keypad.

This setup should also allow me to have multiple iDevices streaming simultaneously into the MCA-66.

I also already have iRule Builder and iTach components in my house. I anticipate creating the appropriate screens in iRule to select a Zone, Source, Volume level. This should give me complete control of the HTD system via any iDevice as well.

This looks like a great system for the money.
post #63 of 64 Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM

Liked: 0
Trouble ordering from HTD

The product looks good on the web, but I tried to place an order and ran into a buzz saw. The company has some very odd credit card validation rules that led me to cancel my order. I'm not sure if it is a small fly-by-night operation or if this is a one off problem. It seems like they are operating from a 1994 credit card technology standpoint.
post #64 of 64 Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Weird. I just ordered mine and no problems at all and I paid with credit card. Maybe they've updated things? Very helpful. I am pumped to get it.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page