New HTD Lync Whole-House Audio System - Page 3 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #61 of 69 Old 12-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 101
@Capaill - Full disclosure--I'm in the "finalizing blueprints" mode of new construction, so I've just been dabbling with the software that's out there (demopad) and finalizing my shopping list for whole home A/V (HTD Lync + monoprice + Emotiva).

With this in mind, I've not used the MC product. That said, from what I can gather, controlling the Lync system via iPad & wifi would mean using itach (to IR or 232) or potentially remotely accessing a PC.....all of which I can avoid with the MC.

I think.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 10-18-2012, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am considering purchasing the MCA-66 and utilizing at least 1, possibly 2 Apple Airport Express' as inputs. This should allow me to wirelessly stream music off of any iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod) into the MCA-66. From the keypads I should be able to select either one of the Airport Express units to connect to and stream my music of choice into a Room/Zone. Doing it this way should eliminate the need for a PC or having to use the built in MP3 player and music selection/playlist/shuffling/etc is controlled directly from the iDevice. My only concern is the ability to custom label the Source. I would like to be able to name them something like AirPlay1, and AirPlay2. I realize I can use custom labels in Lync but it appears as though the MCA-66 has predefined source labels. I guess I could name my AirPort Express units so they mirror whatever source label I use on the MCA-66/keypad.

This setup should also allow me to have multiple iDevices streaming simultaneously into the MCA-66.

I also already have iRule Builder and iTach components in my house. I anticipate creating the appropriate screens in iRule to select a Zone, Source, Volume level. This should give me complete control of the HTD system via any iDevice as well.

This looks like a great system for the money.
post #63 of 69 Old 06-30-2014, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Trouble ordering from HTD

The product looks good on the web, but I tried to place an order and ran into a buzz saw. The company has some very odd credit card validation rules that led me to cancel my order. I'm not sure if it is a small fly-by-night operation or if this is a one off problem. It seems like they are operating from a 1994 credit card technology standpoint.
post #64 of 69 Old 08-28-2014, 05:37 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Weird. I just ordered mine and no problems at all and I paid with credit card. Maybe they've updated things? Very helpful. I am pumped to get it.
post #65 of 69 Unread 04-30-2015, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any feedback / experience updates from those of you that have installed it? I am in the midst of a new home construction and am seriously considering HTD's Lync system and was hoping to see what your experiences were like.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Weird. I just ordered mine and no problems at all and I paid with credit card. Maybe they've updated things? Very helpful. I am pumped to get it.
post #66 of 69 Unread 04-30-2015, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Yeah bro. I've installed the Lynx system and it works flawlessly. It's awesome. I highly recommend it. I liked it so much I ordered the level 3 speakers.

Sound is awesome and the valet app works great.
post #67 of 69 Unread 05-01-2015, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbandtimmy View Post
Yeah bro. I've installed the Lynx system and it works flawlessly. It's awesome. I highly recommend it. I liked it so much I ordered the level 3 speakers.

Sound is awesome and the valet app works great.
+1

I have the lync system and it is outstanding. I am only using the valet app for source/volume control and it is great.
post #68 of 69 Unread Today, 06:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Another HTD Question

I am also in the midst of a new build and am looking at the Lync6 and am very new to the AV side of things. I have a question about configuration and use.

1. Does my surround sound have to be totally separate from the Whole House Audio system, like do I need two sets of speakers in my living room?
2. If all of the sources are off, does the Lync system turn them on if I want to access them, or do I have to go to the room that has the source before using the Touch Pad?
3. If I plug in a ChromeCast, Sonos, etc, will I have to use the source specific app to get to the station I want and then use Lync to play?

I tried to post a floorplan pdf but it was 1MB and there is only a 20kB limit. Why the tiny limit, is it because I don't have a paid membership?

Thanks for the help and sorry for the dumb questions.

-JD
post #69 of 69 Unread Today, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 553 Post(s)
Liked: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoedave View Post
1. Does my surround sound have to be totally separate from the Whole House Audio system, like do I need two sets of speakers in my living room?
If you do the extra bit of wiring, it's easy to share speakers between the two systems. But note that the WHA systems are much less powerful. I've shared the in-ceiling surround speakers between an AVR and the WHA system with good results, if you're just looking for simple background music in the living room. But sources can also easily be shared between the WHA and the AVR, so that you can use the power of the AVR's amplifier (at the cost of separate remote /volume control).

Quote:
2. If all of the sources are off, does the Lync system turn them on if I want to access them, or do I have to go to the room that has the source before using the Touch Pad?
Lync doesn't control any of the sources directly. It will pass IR remote signals through from the zones. In general, most sources used for WHA systems are 'always on'. If you want to use a CD player or something else with physical media, you'd have to visit the source device anyway.

Quote:
3. If I plug in a ChromeCast, Sonos, etc, will I have to use the source specific app to get to the station I want and then use Lync to play?
Yes. And Chromecast won't work as there's no easy way to get the audio to the WHA system...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution