Here's the problem I am trying to find the most optimal solution to.
1. One Video+Audio source, a laptop with HDMI + VGA out.
2. Multiple HDTVs located in different rooms with HDMI & RCA composite inputs.
1. Use the multiple HDTVs as extended monitors for the laptop and broadcast audio and video from the laptop to the TVs, preferably wirelessly.
Attempts so far:
1. Used a video distributor box which takes RCA composite inputs and broadcasts the AV content to 5 COAX outputs. Not very desirable outcome.
2. Used long HDMI cables running from one room to the other along with an HDMI switch to replicate HDMI signal from the laptop to multiple HDMI outputs. Running cables is undesirable. Great quality, but cumbersome setup.
3. Researched wireless AV broadcast solutions, but not very satisfied with the reviews. There are some boxes available, but they suffer problems of limited range and bad quality.
4. Wireless HDMI products almost non existent.
So, what do you all suggest? TIA.