Sonos ZP90 with Emotiva UPA-7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-17-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am planning to use an Emotiva UPA-7 (got from their last shipment) with a sonos ZP90 to power 3 sets of stereo speakers and maybe 1 sub.

I am wondering what is the best way to split the output from the Sonos so that the 2 stereo RCA outs can go to the 6 inputs on the UPA-7? I am a bit scared to just use a bunch of Y-connectors as I am not sure how it will affect the pre-amp signal before I amplify it. If that isn't a big deal, cool, but I am weary just hooking it up that way. I haven't found much on the internet in the way of rca splitters that are beyond just a y-connector.

I have considered just using an avr to do this assuming it has enough pre-amp outs, but that is overkill for when all I really need is a splitter.

Also, in an ideal world, I would use the last channel on the UPA-7 to power the sub for that zone as well as opposed to switching it with a different sub on another sub amp I have (would be a pain whenever I change zones). Of course, though, I would need a crossover in between the Sonos output and that sub. Anyone know of any decent stand-alone crossovers that won't break the bank?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked: 359
Since the UPA7 doesn't have a gain adjustment, you could try it, but the signal may be lower than you'd like. But certainly worth trying. Otherwise, a line-level distribution amp, like the CE Labs AV400, would do the trick:

http://www.amazon.com/AV-400-Composi...ies/B000BLJE8W

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 Old 02-18-2011, 09:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Great! I am just going to buy that right now as it looks like it will do exactly what I want it to do. Even if I end up moving on to a different solution, its cheap, and I am sure I would use it again for something else.

Thanks!
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page