post #31 of 74 Old 12-13-2012, 04:00 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclimber99 View Post

With RF. Those headphones support both RF and Bluetooth, 5.1 sound is over the RF

well i bought the x42s when they were on lightning deal the other day so (sigh) guess it doesn't matter anymore smile.gif

(I have been a very bad boy this holiday - needed to have kept the credit card in the pocket on more than one occasion)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 74 Old 12-20-2012, 08:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
looks like the TOSBLUE II won't work in my situation. i got confirmation from telme2 that their device does not support dolby digital. unfortunately my tv only outputs dolby digital via tos, and there is no option in the tv menu to switch to PCM. only solution would be to buy a converter, but that is just too costly and not worth the hassle.
post #33 of 74 Old 12-21-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromyh View Post

Just a follow up on the Telme2 product. I just received this yesterday and was able to get it set up last night. I was pleased at how easy it was to set up and pair with my BT headphones. I simply plugged the fiber cable into the tv and the telme2 box and plugged the usb cord into my TV's usb port for power, put my BT headphones in pair mode and it picked it up that simple. The sound quality was good. Mind you i don't have high end headphones so i will be able to more accurately test the sound quality when i get my BT speakers. Otherwise, this does exactly what i want.

How is the lag time of the audio compared to the video? Is there a noticeable delay? If not I may end up buying the Tosblue thing.

Go Aggies!
post #34 of 74 Old 01-10-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclimber99 View Post

How is the lag time of the audio compared to the video? Is there a noticeable delay? If not I may end up buying the Tosblue thing.

I just got mine, and my first tests show that there is a little audio lag, enough to be really annoying if you watch lips like I tend to do when watching TV, but not enough to be a big problem for some people who are less sensitive. I find myself pretty picky about sound syncing up.

I'll try it with a different bluetooth receiver before giving up on it though.

I tried both the optical input and the analog input, with no change in the amount of lag, so I'd assume it's on the bluetooth side where the lag is introduced.

I suppose I could measure the difference if needed but with the current bluetooth receiver I'm using the lag is there. (Sony Ericsson MW600)
post #35 of 74 Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM

I just tested it with two more bluetooth receivers, all have the same amount of lag. Unfortunately this won't work for me.
post #36 of 74 Old 01-11-2013, 11:26 AM

Were any of those receivers aptX enabled? That is supposed to help with the lag since the Tosblue transmitter does have aptX.

Go Aggies!
post #37 of 74 Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM

Since I don't know what aptX is right now, I'm going to assume that it doesn't. Do you know of a bluetooth receiver that has this that's recommended? I can give it a try if it's not too expensive.
post #38 of 74 Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM

I have a Creative WP-350 headset with aptX. Works pretty well from my Mac. Here's a list of known aptX devices (though Tosblue device is not listed):

http://www.jessebandersen.com/2012/05/list-of-apt-x-compatible-devices.html
http://www.csr.com/technology-solutions/av/audio-products-powered-by-csr-aptx/bluetooth-receiver

Go Aggies!
post #39 of 74 Old 01-16-2013, 12:28 PM

according to this post
http://www.telme2.com/blog/?p=45

It seems it could just be the bluetooth receivers I have.

I'll try and get a hold of a receiver that supports aptx and report back.
post #40 of 74 Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 PM

God bless you !!! I'm in the states and in a condo with a pregnant gal on the other side of the wall that i'm trying to keep happy (not that way). I've been to Best Buy three times in the last two days trying to accomplish my task, to no avail. My TV also only has digital (optical) output & they had nothing that would fit the bill. I really appreciate your help and will post my results in about 5 days. Thx..
post #41 of 74 Old 03-13-2013, 10:44 PM

The Roku 3 (latest) box supports plugging headphones into the remote. This doesn't solve all of my problems, but 95% of TV that I watch is streamed from roku using plex or netflix. It works pretty well. I also have VIZIO wireless headphones that support optical input.

Still no luck for me with getting the sound synced up using the tosblue.
post #42 of 74 Old 07-15-2013, 07:26 PM

I have Phonak hearing aids. They have a Bluetooth gadget that receives audio via BT and transmits it to the hearing aids. I use it a lot with TV. The sending unit plugs into the TV audio output pair of RCA plugs. Here is the problem. The new TV, to be delivered soon, only has one pair of RCA audio output plugs and they will be used to drive the sound bar. Can I just use a simple Y cable splitter to connect two items to the single pair of outputs?
post #43 of 74 Old 07-16-2013, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWyman View Post

I have Phonak hearing aids. They have a Bluetooth gadget that receives audio via BT and transmits it to the hearing aids. I use it a lot with TV. The sending unit plugs into the TV audio output pair of RCA plugs. Here is the problem. The new TV, to be delivered soon, only has one pair of RCA audio output plugs and they will be used to drive the sound bar. Can I just use a simple Y cable splitter to connect two items to the single pair of outputs?

Possibly. But can you drive the soundbar with HDMI out or optical out from the TV? That would be a better solution.

Go Aggies!
post #44 of 74 Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 393
Yes, you certainly can drive them with simple Y-outputs, you may have to adjust the soundbar volume up a bit. But as jclimber99 says, if the soundbar can be driven from HDMI or digital out, you'll be better off on both ends!

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #45 of 74 Old 07-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Thanks guys. I'm pretty new at this. Actually, the tv does not have RCA audio. Only Digital Optical out. I hope I can drive the sound bar with the HDMI, then I will need an digital audio converter like the Tosblue one mentioned earlier to use the digital optical. Cheers.
post #46 of 74 Old 08-21-2013, 01:27 PM

I just purchased the TosLink to Bluetooth Converter from TelMe2. It is a package of their TosLinkII transmitter and their APTX Headset. The sound quality is fantastic because they use the APTX protocol between the transmitter and the headset. The TosBlue II (converter/transmitter)has both TosLink and a 3.5mm analog audio input. It is powered from a USB cable you will need to plug in to your computer, TV set, or find a USB power supply. There is no battery in the TosBlue II transmitter.

NOTE: Because the headset makes use of aptx technology you need to make sure the Bluetooth you are trying to connect to has that protocol available if you want to use it with other Bluetooth transmitters.

The manufacturer is located in Norway but they provide free(?) DHL International shipping for the package.
post #47 of 74 Old 08-22-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95134 View Post

I just purchased the TosLink to Bluetooth Converter from TelMe2. It is a package of their TosLinkII transmitter and their APTX Headset. The sound quality is fantastic

Hi. Have you connected it to a TV and tested the audio lag?

Go Aggies!
post #48 of 74 Old 09-05-2013, 03:04 PM

Just hooked up the TosBlue-X to the Optical out of my DishTV HD receiver. Seems to work well with no noticeable video-audio lag. Tested with Bose AE2W head phones. Was not sure if it would work with no lag with the Bluetoorh 4.0 device since the AE2W is not reported to have APTX. Looks like at least one Bluetooth 4.0 device works well with TosBlue-X with no noticeable video-audio lag. smile.gif
post #49 of 74 Old 09-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
What controls the volume in this setup?
post #50 of 74 Old 09-08-2013, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scl23enn4m3 View Post

What controls the volume in this setup?
In my setup I use the volume buttons on the headset.
post #51 of 74 Old 09-29-2013, 06:38 PM

Some of the Telme2 users reported a lag. That issue has been fixed. The company is coming out with more excellent Bluetooth ideas. Definitely watch them for news. 

I received my Telme2 headset last week and am thrilled with it. A big thing I notice is it hooks up readily without having to restart the computer or go to the control panel to revamp settings.

I will be testing the TosBlue X unit with TV next, but wanted to hop in on this thread to say, check http://telme2.com for advanced design and excellent quality. 

Any questions, post here, and I will do my best to get a straight answer for you.

Don

Disclaimer: I will be writing some articles for the company. I'm telling you, though, I would be saying this whether I had any relationship with them or not. Seems to be an excellent team, dedicated to excellent customer service and producing the best gear. Go Bluetooth and leave the cords behind, that's my motto.

post #52 of 74 Old 01-05-2014, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looking at using this solution instead of one of the usual cordless TV headphone offerings. Not real happy with what's available...they all seem to have some major weakness until you get into the very expensive models...which I am not willing to pay for.

With this BT transmitter, I like the fact that I can simply pick out whatever BT headphones I want...and the whole setup, including the transmitter, comes in at a very reasonable price.

Would love to hear some feedback from someone who has used an aptx set of cans with this BT transmitter and can comment on the sound quality, as compared to any other cordless headphones they've used.
post #53 of 74 Old 01-09-2014, 04:47 PM

Hello, I've found telme2 TOSBLUE-X  as only device which fits my needs and had purchased it. just want to share my experience and ask other owners if they had similar problems

I have Samsung Smart TV  UE46F6510 with toslink output. When I tried first to pair Tosblue device with my Sony DR-BTN200 headset it did not pair. It was flashing with blue/red LED constantly. After  a bunch if tries I was close to give up and send device back. Then I tried to pair the device powered from laptop and - miracle - it paired in a second. And it was streaming sound from laptop (sourced from 3.5 audio) perfectly. The only  difference was  - it was powered from laptop USB and TV at that time was switched off.

My understanding of situation - Samsung TV uses Bluetooth AV Profile (proprietary called Soundshare). Tosblue tries to pair with it when turned on  by USB power from TV. As it is close to TV Bluetooth the strength of TV Bluetooth signal prevents looking for other pair signals.

As confirmation of this - when I first turn on Tosblue and Headset, make sure they are connected and then turn on TV - everything is working fine.

But it is really not scenario I wanted. I need just turn headset on and get sound.

Can anybody who owns this Tosblue device say what model of TV they have connected it to and if they can discover by computer during pairing headsets any Bluetooth devices? Any similar issues with pairing you had?

I tried to contact telme2. their contact/support email post@telme2.com seems not monitored everyday, but I've got short feedback with promise to answer my questions. Hope I will get some help and will not need send promising device back

post #54 of 74 Old 01-26-2014, 09:42 AM

I've also been looking for a solution to connect a pair bluetooth headset wirelessly to my samsung F8000 TV. I haven't received the headset as yet hopefully by Tuesday from Amazon - Bluedio- r+ Legend which is suppose to have AptX. At the time of ordering the headset it didn't cross my mind that I wouldn't be able to connect the headset directly to the TVvia bluetooth, I thought that it would obviously be able to connect out the box....Oops !

Has the Tosblue-X solution been the best one to-date ?

Has anyone managed to get the wireless audio connection to work flawlessly and by what method if so ?  

post #55 of 74 Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM

I was  discussing my issue with Telme2 support. unfortunately they could not give any workable advise to me.
 Seems they haven't met this situation before so I had to troubleshoot it myself.

Finally I was able to find the way how it will work. Trying different scenarios I found the position of device where it started to work. When you place Tosblue on top of the TV (in this case Samsung UE32D6100SW) , make it top part with LED indicator and logo visible , then it seems start to work. if it simply is hanging behind TV or antenna look not to a headset then you will have troubles with connection. Once paired with my headset  it continue to connect on headset turning on, varying 2-15 seconds  in connection time, not immediately.

Sound quality is quite good, but time to time I hear some sporadic low volume noise sound. It's noticeable in sound pauses. it's definitely connection with Tosblue, as I haven't heard any kind of this noise when connecting headset to other smartphones or PC.

In the end I leave this device with me, even I'm not 100% satisfied with easiness of connection and sound quality. Unfortunately  there is no similar device on the market which fully satisfy my requirements and a bit expensive. I think in the nearest future we will see headsets that directly connect to TV on Bluetooth or TV manufacturers will provide their proprietary headsets (for example Samsung may make Soundhare headsets). If you cannot wait you can try, but make sure you can easily return this device

post #56 of 74 Old 01-26-2014, 02:21 PM

Ok I'll give that a try, just done a search on Ebay Uk to pick one up but no joy, tried amazon also. Want to pick one up sooner rather than later.

So on the whole how much on of 10 would you give it for sound quality?
post #57 of 74 Old 01-26-2014, 02:54 PM

I just snapped up one of these from Amazon.

JUSTOP BTR006 Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Audio Receiver With 3.5MM Jack, Universal Adapter For Speakers, New Module with Bluetooth V2.1 A2DP profile' by JUSTOP LIMITED
www.amazon.co.uk
Enable speakers or other HiFi devices to receive audio signals wirelessly via Bluetooth. The receiver plugs into any stereo 3.5mm audio in socket, ideal for use with bluetooth A2DP enabled car speaker/IPOD/IPHONE/MP3 Player/TV/HIFI system or other Bluetooth devices. This Bluetooth adaptor draws power from its built-in li-on battery and when fully charged will allow for 10.5 hours continuous use (device still works when charging.
post #58 of 74 Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 PM

Well that didn't work !!!! It was unable to pair with my Bluedio R+ headset but paired fine with my phone which is not what I want it for. I'm thinking about getting the Logitech wireless speaker adapter but I really didn't want to use a device that needed to be plugged into the mains and as for the Tosblue - X that's seem like they only sell it in America and I'd rather find something in the UK.

post #59 of 74 Old 01-31-2014, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONY0070 View Post

Ok I'll give that a try, just done a search on Ebay Uk to pick one up but no joy, tried amazon also. Want to pick one up sooner rather than later.

So on the whole how much on of 10 would you give it for sound quality?

I would say 8 of 10. only  because of some noise in pauses or  silence.

I sympathize  Tosblue-X as it:

- has USB power

-Has optical toslink. at least my TV has no audio line output which manage the volume separately from TV Speakers. Other thing as SCART require more cables and produce sound only from TV tuner, not a TV's media player.

- has slim design and can be mounted on back of TV which hangs on the wall.

I was looking for  it on ebay and amazon also and no luck. they sell it only from their site. Had to wait about two weeks for delivery

post #60 of 74 Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 AM

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
Displays , Lg 47lh40 47 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black , Playstation 3 160gb System , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page