Bluetooth transmitter with optical input? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 74 Old 05-10-2014, 06:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Any special trick to get Bose AE2w headphones to pair up with the TosBlue-X transmitter?  I have tried several times with no success.  iPhone doesn't see it nor does my laptop when I have plugged it into my laptop and turned on Bluetooth.  However, both see the headphones.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 74 Old 05-10-2014, 12:53 PM

Got it to work.  Had to go somewhere that minimal chance of there being another Bluetooth signal nearby, a nature park not far from the apartment complex where I live.  With my laptop as the input device, both paired up almost immediately.

post #63 of 74 Old 05-11-2014, 09:37 AM

Clear previous pairs by holding down the [volume down] and [top button] at the same time until the purple LED lights up on the AE2w headphones. Turn AE2w headphones off then back on. Cycle the power to the TosBlue-X transmitter to start pairing. Press [volume up] and [top button] at the same time until purple LED lights up to make AE2w headphones available for pairing.

Should be able to pair two devices with the AE2w headphones at a time. My cell phone takes priority and the TV comes back in when phone call is not active.
post #64 of 74 Old 05-21-2014, 02:17 PM

how much lag is there with the TosBlue-X ?
post #65 of 74 Old 05-24-2014, 11:31 AM

Is it just me?  Am I the only one that is a bit confused??

What would be the purpose of converting such a wonderful audio output source to an analog signal?  I'm unclear why I would want to take a perfectly good 5.1 signal and turn it into stereo?  There are several good 5.1 and even 7.1 Bluetooth headsets that want that pure 5.1 optical signal!

Please...help me understand?

As well, I never read anyone explaining the issue about most TV's having only 1 Optical output, so for most of us with a Surround System already in place that us occupying that SPDIF optical output, where are we supposed to plug in this adapter Transmitter? I was really wondering why not a single post was addressing this.

Just some food for thought....

Thanks!

post #66 of 74 Old 06-02-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforce1engine View Post

Is it just me?  Am I the only one that is a bit confused??

What would be the purpose of converting such a wonderful audio output source to an analog signal?  I'm unclear why I would want to take a perfectly good 5.1 signal and turn it into stereo?  There are several good 5.1 and even 7.1 Bluetooth headsets that want that pure 5.1 optical signal!

Please...help me understand?

As well, I never read anyone explaining the issue about most TV's having only 1 Optical output, so for most of us with a Surround System already in place that us occupying that SPDIF optical output, where are we supposed to plug in this adapter Transmitter? I was really wondering why not a single post was addressing this.

Just some food for thought....

Thanks!

If you have only two speakers (left and right), you can't stream 5.1 audio. 5.1 means 5 different channels over 5 different speakers and 1 channel of a subwoofer signal. It has nothing to do with the clarity or purity of the sound. It's just that each speaker outputs the designated signals to its channel. When you have 2 speakers you can only hear things in stereo, coming from left and/or right speakers.

This adapter does not solve your problem. My TV has the same optical output and I need to take that optical output, connect to a device that accepts optical-in and converts the audio to a bluetooth stream. This bluetooth adapter should be able to stream to at least bluetooth headsets. I only watch movies with my wife after the kids sleep. And I need a good volume to able to enjoy the movie. So, we need:

A bluetooth audio streaming device that accepts optical-in audio and that can be paired with more than 2 bluetooth headsets.

post #67 of 74 Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM

Liked: 0
i purchased the TosBlue-X2 it coonects to my speaker but no sound have tried 2 different TosBlue-X2 & 3 different bt speakers still no sound the speakers connects to phones & works find just cant get no sound from tosblue even they see each other i tried it on 60" vizio & 47" lg tried all settings in menue on both tv can anyone help
post #68 of 74 Old 09-23-2014, 05:14 PM

I bought a Tosblue-X2 and found that:
- Tosblue-X2 won't pair by Bluetooth with a Pure Jongo S3 speaker. So I returned the Jongo to the shop and got a Sony.
- Tosblue-X2 will pair by bluetooth with a Sony SRS-X5 speaker.
- Tosblue-X2 will pair by bluetooth with a Canton DM50 soundbase.

The Tosblue, Canton and Sony all have apt-X, whereas the Pure Jongo didn't. Apt-X is a technology for reducing the delay in bluetooth audio transfer, which is important with TV to keep the lips in sync. I don't know if the lack of apt-X is the reason the Jongo wouldn't pair.

My original plan was to stream sound by bluetooth simultaneously to the Canton and the Sony speakers. I thought this would keep the 2 speakers in sync. However, the Tosblue-X2 doesn't seem to be able to stream continuously to 2 speakers at the same time. One of them keeps dropping out for a few moments every few seconds. So instead I connected the Canton directly to the TV with an optical cable and only use the Tosblue to stream bluetooth audio to the Sony.

The delay in audio with the Tosblue/Sony pair is about 30-40 milliseconds, in agreement with what Telme2 claims, but only if I use an optical cable to connect the TV to the Tosblue. With a 3.5 mm audio jack from the headphone socket there is more of a delay. To avoid an echo effect I am using the Canton's built-in delay function at 30 ms, and lips on the TV are reasonably in sync.

So if you want to use Tosblue with a bluetooth speaker for a TV, make sure that the speaker has Apt-X, and use an optical cable to minimise audio lag.
post #69 of 74 Old 10-19-2014, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi,

I bought the TosBlue-X as an audio bridge between my toslink TV-out and my toslink amp-in, so I don't have to run toslink cable. The corresponding receiver-piece is a QED uPlay plus (with apt-x support and toslink out).

However, I cannot get the 2 devices to pair! Both devices work fine individually (i.e., the TosBlue pairs with my BT-headphones, the uPlay easily pairs with my mobile phone and laptop) but don't pair, even if sitting right next to each other in pairing mode with any other BT-equipment in range.

- Any ideas on what else I could try to get them to pair?
- Has anybody used the TosBlue successfully with a stationary BT-receiver with optical out?
- Are there any better alternatives to build a high-quality audio bridge without breaking the digital chain?

Thanks!
post #70 of 74 Old 10-19-2014, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerein View Post
Are there any better alternatives to build a high-quality audio bridge without breaking the digital chain?
Do you have any other wires in place between those two locations that are not in use? Converters can be used to transmit the SPDIF signal over coax or cat5...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #71 of 74 Old 11-03-2014, 07:37 AM

Is there still no cheaper alternative to connect an optical-out TV to a bluetooth headset than the $74 tosblue-x?
post #72 of 74 Old 11-17-2014, 06:06 PM

the older version only supported PCM over optical. Does anyone know if this restriction has been eliminated with the new version? For example my tv only has dolby digital via optical.
post #73 of 74 Old 12-02-2014, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
will the TosBlue X work with a Samsung pn51f8500 using the optical out to pair with the new beats wireless headphones?
post #74 of 74 Old Today, 12:21 PM

aaa
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
Displays , Lg 47lh40 47 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black , Playstation 3 160gb System , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect
Gear in this thread