AVS Forum banner

Best Wireless HDMI Device

36K views 46 replies 22 participants last post by  lasko 
#1 ·
I'm interested in buying a wireless HDMI system so that I can use my cable box in the basement in my living room. I'll obviously need it to work through walls and the signal will need to transmit at least 30 feet.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

#2 ·
First, there is no such thing as wireless HDMI. HDMI is an uncompressed signal. All the wireless systems compress the signal, some more than others. I haven't seen one that will do 30' through walls reliably. 30' line of sight seems to be the limit. Put anything in the way, even a body, and range diminishes.

#4 ·
You can try the Brite-View Air SyncHD (BV-2322) for around $220. It transmits an uncompressed signal along with the remote control signal. I have one sending 1080p at around 25 ft through a floor. If you can live with 1080i then you can get better range with the unit.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitemage /forum/post/21211336

You can try the Brite-View Air SyncHD (BV-2322) for around $220. It transmits an uncompressed signal along with the remote control signal. I have one sending 1080p at around 25 ft through a floor. If you can live with 1080i then you can get better range with the unit.

This looks great - I need some wireless HDMI for my apartment. Mine will be going about 18 feet, and while it won't be going through any walls, I am planning on mounting it behind the TV. Think it will work alright? I'm guessing it will if you've got it going through a floor!

I did some searching on Amazon, and I found the BV-2322 that you listed.

I also found the BV-1222 for cheaper. Looks like this will do the same job - no?

#8 ·
IOGear has a product that does this too. Anybody try it? It's kind of hard to find somewhere to buy it on line, which makes me nervous.

ioGear Wireless HD Kit

My parents want TV in their bedroom, but there's no way to get wiring into that room without going from outside the house into the 2nd story room. Bummer.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc /forum/post/21243302

I did some searching on Amazon, and I found the BV-2322 that you listed.

I also found the BV-1222 for cheaper. Looks like this will do the same job - no?

The BV-1222 doesn't appear to send IR too. That means you need line of sight to the equipment that is connected to the transmitter.

The Brite-View models do look nice though.

#10 ·
i own the actiontec mywirelesstv kit and it works impressively well ~80' one end of house to other thru 4 walls..make sure to update to latest firmware.

running 3D 1080P from directv thru to main set Panasonic VT25 65" then wireless HDMI out to the bedroom to a Vizio 42" 3d M3D421SR. no notable lag and IR emiter/receiver works flawlessly to control output from 3d stb

#11 ·
So I guess this technology is called WHDI, here's a link to some products for it . The one that caught my eye was the Belkin, but it won't be available from Amazon until January 1.

Not listed on the web site are the ActionTek, Monoprice, and another one on Amazon that I can't remember.

I really want to get one of these for my parent's situation. The Belkin looks nice because the transmitter can accept 4 HDMI devices.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxman /forum/post/21288739

i own the actiontec mywirelesstv kit and it works impressively well ~80' one end of house to other thru 4 walls..make sure to update to latest firmware.

running 3D 1080P from directv thru to main set Panasonic VT25 65" then wireless HDMI out to the bedroom to a Vizio 42" 3d M3D421SR. no notable lag and IR emiter/receiver works flawlessly to control output from 3d stb

I have one of these as well, and I think it works great. Picture quality is amazing, and it sounds great too. I even have this going through a Rocketfish 4 Port HDMI Switch without any problems. I do feel the IR is a little slow, as this could also be because of the direct TV box. I am having issues updating the firmware, but def feel this is a great value wireless HD/HDMI streamer.

#15 ·
The Vizio one (XWH200 Universal Wireless HD Video and Audio Kit) has some mixed reviews on Amazon with some people saying it works perfectly and others not so much. I think a lot will depend on the specific setup. Make sure with whatever you buy to get it from a store with a good returns policy like Costco.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall /forum/post/21304420

I have one of these as well, and I think it works great. Picture quality is amazing, and it sounds great too. I even have this going through a Rocketfish 4 Port HDMI Switch without any problems. I do feel the IR is a little slow, as this could also be because of the direct TV box. I am having issues updating the firmware, but def feel this is a great value wireless HD/HDMI streamer.

When you say the IR is a bit slow, do you mean changing channels and stuff? Or is there some latency between the transmitter and receiver? I ask because I want to make sure that my PS3 games will work just fine w/ this device!

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljo000 /forum/post/21313876

The Vizio one (XWH200 Universal Wireless HD Video and Audio Kit) has some mixed reviews on Amazon with some people saying it works perfectly and others not so much. I think a lot will depend on the specific setup. Make sure with whatever you buy to get it from a store with a good returns policy like Costco.

Seems like the Vizio product has to be in the same room or at least that's how it reads on Amazon.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc /forum/post/21319389

When you say the IR is a bit slow, do you mean changing channels and stuff? Or is there some latency between the transmitter and receiver? I ask because I want to make sure that my PS3 games will work just fine w/ this device!

Yea changing channels feels to be a lil sluggish, but I do think its just becuase of the IR, and the Slower DirectTv box.

Ur PS3 should work fine

#19 ·
impressed with perfomance, i bought a 2nd kit for another source and set up

can then choose source/destination. ir "slowness" is more due to the way

the ir signal is sent to the directv box (which i detest even in normal use)

than any fault of the mywirelesstv,as the commands are sent sequentially and timed so that the command is properly interpreted on receiver end,ie

to tune hbo channel 501 shows as 5....0....1 the dots representing a short

pause. a lag yes...but it works perfectly with no missing info. happy user

#23 ·
I just hooked this actiontec mywirelesstv kit up and the video works perfectly. It is connected to a sat. receiver via HDMI. The problem I'm having is audio. If I set the sat. receiver to "pass through" the HDMI audio, then no audio to both an A/V receiver and the wireless receiver. If I set the audio to PCM, then both get the audio signal.

Thoughts?

Tony

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar48 /forum/post/21395611

I just hooked this actiontec mywirelesstv kit up and the video works perfectly. It is connected to a sat. receiver via HDMI. The problem I'm having is audio. If I set the sat. receiver to "pass through" the HDMI audio, then no audio to both an A/V receiver and the wireless receiver. If I set the audio to PCM, then both get the audio signal.

Thoughts?

Tony

Ya know... count me on in the "video works perfectly, but audio has some issues" camp. My video works great, but the audio seems to have pops, from time to time. It did not do this when it was plugged in directly.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungarianhc /forum/post/21396620

Ya know... count me on in the "video works perfectly, but audio has some issues" camp. My video works great, but the audio seems to have pops, from time to time. It did not do this when it was plugged in directly.

are you running this in conjunction with an hdmi switcher or an av receiver with hdmi built in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.