SpeakerCraft MZC-66 Distributing HD Video - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 08:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have setup the MZC-66 to distribute audio & standard def video throughout my house but am having issues with HD. I have a cable box & Apple TV 2 for sources that have HDMI out.

I know that I require some converters/adaptors but I am hoping someone can shed some light on exactly what I should be buying.

Any thoughts on equipment and setup would be appreciated.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 PM

Your question is a bit vague and hard to give advice if your not telling us what your trying to do one tv or twenty same room or equipment is in different room all tvs same show or???

Here is a staab at your question though. Hi-def due to Hollywood's requirements (to not steal) typically needs to go over an HDMI cable. If you don't have a separate cable box at each tv in same room to run an HDMI cable from. Then you can run much longer lengths through cat5e (or cat6) with special HDMI extenders check out monoprice.com
post #3 of 3 Old 01-25-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks @crashoverride for taking a shot but the idea behind the MZC-66 system is a multi-source & multi-zone distribution system via cat5 or up. I currently have cat5 distributed from the MZC to multiple zones throughout the house that allow for audio and video to be used anywhere with the sources (ie. cable boxes) in one central location (attached to the MZC).

The issue is how do I go from SD video to HD video through the MZC? If I use the extenders, I am unsure to handle the switching via the MZC. The MZC provides the ability to push video over composite cables but not HDMI nor CAT
Reply Home A/V Distribution