is anybody using JRMC for multi zone audio with multiple sound cards - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-28-2012, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If yes, could you explain your setup, as I'm looking in to it myself. Also if the remote app works for the zones (android or idevice)
I'm trying to set up a PC based multi zone audio system in my house, about 7-10 zones, one source, and ability to sync zones

The alternative is itunes/airport express, which I know works well.

thanks

Capall
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-29-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I use a single sound card to multiple zones with no issues - never did try to sync zones though.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-29-2012, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by capaill View Post

If yes, could you explain your setup, as I'm looking in to it myself. Also if the remote app works for the zones (android or idevice)
I'm trying to set up a PC based multi zone audio system in my house, about 7-10 zones, one source, and ability to sync zones

The alternative is itunes/airport express, which I know works well.

thanks

I use JRMC with a Delta sound card and the onboard audio from my motherboard. I run 7 zones but only link two zones. I originally planned on more zones, but I determined early on that my living room and kitchen were too opened up to each other to worry about having separate zones and ended up just tying those together at the amp.

You cannot link zones using Gizmo the android remote app. I have to use the JRMC software on my PC to link zones. I am not aware if the few Ipad/Iphone apps support this or not.

As far as syncing zones go, I have no problems with my set up. The one caveat is that I do not sync any of the outputs from one card to with outputs from the onboard audio so I cannot comment on that.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page