Need advice for multi zone audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2012, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to install an audio system in my home that consists of three zones. We currently have a Squeezebox Boom and it has been great. We like the interface and the music options it provides as well as the ability to control it from our android phones. Obviously moving the Squeezebox around the house is somewhat of a pain. I have wiring for speakers already run to the different rooms and outside. My problem is from there I am lost. I am not sure what products are available to accomplish what the Squeezebox does as well as power speakers. Different sources in different zones would be ideal. So what are your guys suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Take a look at the Nuvo Essentia. Not sure if it's what you have in mind. It would require an mps4 music server with it, and pretty sure that Android control is not available.

Nuvo is coming out with a new system that has native Android support, but not sure when it will be available. I have a feeling that would be perfect for you.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Old 03-16-2012, 12:33 PM

You should look into sonos. They make a great product and have an android app available so you don't need to buy their controller.

http://www.sonos.com
Old 03-21-2012, 03:47 PM - Thread Starter

After looking at both units, it appears that the Nuvo system is what I am looking for. A guy my father dealt with quite a bit previously is listed as an authorized dealer so hopefully I can get a good deal!