A-Bus Audio Distribution ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So my Dad has an A-bus audio disribution set up. It uses line input for audio distribution.

What should the input to the a-bus system be? Line out from the receiver? What output is that? Can you use the subwoofer output? I think you need a non-amplified source so a speaker output is not acceptable, or is it?

Maybe I am missing something in all of my searching online for some additional info for the input source. We are planning on getting a new receiver and tv (his went kaput last week), but I wanted to get a handle on how to feed the home audio distribution from a newer receiver.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakZX3 View Post

So my Dad has an A-bus audio disribution set up. It uses line input for audio distribution.

What should the input to the a-bus system be? Line out from the receiver? What output is that? Can you use the subwoofer output? I think you need a non-amplified source so a speaker output is not acceptable, or is it?

Needs to be a fixed, line-level (non-amplified) output - really should be a "source", but a pre-amp output from an A/V receiver can work. If the receiver has a "tape loop record out", that can work, too.

Definitely not a speaker or subwoofer output.

Unless you're planning to use multiple sources (Radio, CD player, etc.), just plug the source component into the A-Bus directly. And that's only an issue if your A-Bus hub only accepts one input. If it supports multiple, run each source directly, using a Y-cable/splitter if needed.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 3 Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Look for a 'networked' AV receiver, so you can listen to Pandora and internet radio. Onkyo seems to be a popular brand.

Read the AVR manual before buying.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page