AVS Forum banner

vga over Cat5e

5K views 30 replies 8 participants last post by  DeletedUserPost 
#1 ·
Hi, don't know if this is the correct place for this question...

So I am setting up a classroom with 25 monitors and have seen that using cat5e is no problem. Well I have been having problems. It's one monitor splitting the image to the other 25 monitors.

I am using solid utp cat5e cable.

I ran all the cat5e to a patch panel punch down 568B. At the other end I have it terminated to keystone jacks. I am using an RJ45 to vga (HD15) adapter to connect everything.

I can't post url's so if you go to eforcity . com and search POTHRJ45AD03 you will see what I'm using.

From the patch panel I have 2 foot patch cables with the RJ45 to vga adapter plugging into a 16 port VGA 300Mhz splitter

monoprice .com search 4087

I am using flat panel monitors with a native resolution of 1360x768 and have tried moving it down to 1024x768 and it's a little better but the main issue is a lot of ghosting.

Thanks

See less See more
#28 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaüs /forum/post/22047203

So you guys think I will be good to go with the Monoprice VGA over Cat5 units in my application??

Price is certainly right - I was going to suggest the MuxLab products, but at 1/2 the street price, that's the one to try. Make sure it supports whatever resolution you're going to use first, though.

Quote:
Edit: Nice theater build pics Jautor

Thanks!

Jeff

#30 ·
Monoprice is good about returns, AFIAK (I've never had to send anything back), but the MuxLub gear, in general, is rock solid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.