Whole house audio system with Dayton,monoprice and yamaha - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-24-2012, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good Morning listers.
I am in the process of putting together a whole house audio system. The setup will have
Yamaha RX-V867 receiver (Zone-2 will be used mostly to feed the amp).
Dayton MA1240 multichannel amplifier
Monoprice 8" in ceiling speakers http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Impedence matching volume controls from monoprice
In wall speaker wires 14/4 and 14/2
CAT6 cables throughout the house (will be terminated at the volume control but not used for anything right now)

I am thinking of connecting the yamaha zone-2 output to the dayton MA1240 amplifier. The monoprice speakers will be mounted throughout the house with IM volume control. The yamaha receiver has an android app control. So i can listen, change sources from my android phone, tablet,etc.

My question is the speakers have 80W Nomimal and 160W Maximum Power. However the dayton amp can provide 40 watts into 8 ohms, 60 watts into 4 ohms (0.09% THD).

Do you think the speaker will have enough volume?. I don't listen normally to very high volumes but occassionaly wife does :-).

I would want the speaker have enough juice and openup the music.
Thanks for any help. Really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-25-2012, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by medatom View Post

Good Morning listers.
I am in the process of putting together a whole house audio system. The setup will have
Yamaha RX-V867 receiver (Zone-2 will be used mostly to feed the amp).
Dayton MA1240 multichannel amplifier
Monoprice 8" in ceiling speakers http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
Impedence matching volume controls from monoprice
In wall speaker wires 14/4 and 14/2
CAT6 cables throughout the house (will be terminated at the volume control but not used for anything right now)

I am thinking of connecting the yamaha zone-2 output to the dayton MA1240 amplifier. The monoprice speakers will be mounted throughout the house with IM volume control. The yamaha receiver has an android app control. So i can listen, change sources from my android phone, tablet,etc.

My question is the speakers have 80W Nomimal and 160W Maximum Power. However the dayton amp can provide 40 watts into 8 ohms, 60 watts into 4 ohms (0.09% THD).

Do you think the speaker will have enough volume?. I don't listen normally to very high volumes but occassionaly wife does :-).

I would want the speaker have enough juice and openup the music.
Thanks for any help. Really appreciated.

Yes, you will have more than enough power as each zone will have its own amp. You may want to get v/c without the impedance correction in your case. Your amp will be seeing 8ohm from your speakers and this is fine.

14 AWG wire is great, but you may only need 16 AWG if you wanted to save a bit of money. Also, I'm usually partial to the 6.5" speakers as IMHO most of them sound better than the 8" counterpart. I've never really listened to the monoprice 8" option I'll admit.

Have fun with the project!

Carl

Carl Fedders
post #3 of 3 Old 04-26-2012, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Carl. If I put in the IM volume controls,would it cause reduction in speaker volume?. I heard that the 8" speakers are better for the music as they provide some bass. I like the smaller speakers too,but mostly we listen to music.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page