Weird issue I can't figure out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having an odd problem that I can't figure out what would cause it.

First, I'm not an A/V expert, so this may be (hopefully) obvious and an easy fix.

I posted here a month or so ago about splitting my Tivo signal into 2 rooms. I took some advice given and everything seems to work great (went with basic HDMI splitter and and RF remote relay).

Now the weird part is that when I use the DVD player in the LR (main set up is there, including Tivo) the DVD remote is turning on the TV in the other room and if I turn that TV off (even with the button on the TV) it turns the DVD player off in the LR. What is baffling me is that the DVD in LR is not connected to the new set up in any direct way.

Any help, explanation and especially solution would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 346
Sounds like HDMI CEC. Turn off anything called sync or link in all your devices.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdavej View Post

Sounds like HDMI CEC. Turn off anything called sync or link in all your devices.

+1. I'm pretty sure all the TV's in HELL have CEC permanently enabled.

------

post #4 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks...I turned it off on the BR TV (secondary one) and this seems to have worked.

Could you tell me what this function is for and also why it would be effected by a device that is not even directly hooked up to it. DVD goes only to TV #1. Tivo is split to TV #1 and #2. Trying to understand...

Thanks again!
post #5 of 5 Old 04-30-2012, 08:52 PM

Liked: 12
CEC is a bus architecture - it connects to all devices on all ports. Another one of the things that makes HDMI nice for typical consumers, but bad for custom install type work.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page