Strange Color Reversal with ActionTec Wireless TV & Apple computer - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-04-2012, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using a 2006 Mac Pro as my home theater server and have put all my movies on hard drives. I am using an Integra (Oknyo) DTR 40.2 to send the video from BluRay, DVD Player, Cable, and my Mac Pro. Recently I bought several Wireless Television TX/RX units from ActionTec. Basically they send video and sound wirelessly through the house. With several transmitters you can select which sending unit to watch..and control without expensive HDMI cabling throughout the house and HDMI switches. Woo Hoo!

Everything works flawlessly, sharp, no flickering good colors. So I put one of the transmitters on the output of my Mac Pro. It revealed a strange color inversion on the receiving televisions. With a transmitter on a cable box or BluRay the colors are perfect, with the Mac Pro GeForce 7300 the colors look like a color film negative...sort of; whites are white and black and grays remain black and gray but colors are inverted (e.g. the blue universe on the standard Mac screen is copper colored and red is teal, etc.) The company support personnel first said the Mac Video card drivers were likely out of date. Since my video had a little jerkiness on HD playback I bought an ATI 5770 which works perfectly on the 2006 Mac Pro, by the way. Unfortunately with the new card I still get the inverted colors. We trouble shot all sorts of wiring combination and it occurs only with either Mac Graphics card using the DVI output through the ActionTec TX/RX combination.

ActionTec isn't sure what to do next, as we both figure Apple will stonewall them and not share their innards. Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of this and something to try to solve it?

Thanks, Rich
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-05-2012, 07:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Update. I'm using the DVI connector of the ATI 5770. ActionTEC indicated that that is likely the issue. I do use a Monoprice.com DVI and fiber optic connector to HDMI combiner but I suspect it isn't all that simple. I'm off to MicroCenter to buy a mini HDMI to female HDMI adapter to see if that resolves the problem. I hope it will solve this issue.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page