Hi all. I'm brand new to this forum. I hope this is the correct place for this thread. If not, please point me in the right direction.
Here is the goal for my setup:
1. Have an indoor and outdoor television, both receiving separate cable inputs from separate boxes.
2. Have outdoor speakers (wired or wireless...I haven't decided yet, and I don't think it matters for these purposes) that can play music directed from my iPad OR receive input from the outdoor TV. I would like to be able to switch between these inputs as I please.
3. Assuming all of this would be made possible only with Apple TV, I'd like to be able to run Apple TV on both of my TVs. If there is a way to use my iPad to remotely control my outdoor speakers without Apple TV, then I don't necessarily have my heart set on having Apple TV.
I have drawn a crude diagram of how I see it working out. I'm hoping someone can:
1. Provide me a reality check as to if this setup would even work.
2. Tell me if there is a more efficient/cheaper way to do this, or if there is are some subtle changes that might give me a more integrated setup.
Thanks everyone!Attachment 245734