question on cable conduit - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in the beginning phases of planning a new home build. I would like to run conduits to each room (single story home). What is the best type of conduit to use, what is the recommended size, and is there a recommended place to purchase? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-14-2012, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Find out if the builder will let you do it.

Flexible conduit is the easiest, e.g. Carlon Resi Gard. Orange conduit is for low voltage only. Some long straight runs could be done with gray ENT.

Your local electric supply houses carry flexible conduit.

The blue flexible conduit is rated for line voltage, but can also be used for low voltage. The electrical inspector could get nervous if he sees the blue, as he wants to make sure all the line voltage wiring is in place for the inspection. But, many times the builder will allow you to run the conduit/cables after the electrical inspection and before drywall goes up.

Install LV cables outside of the conduit; the conduit is for futureproofing (adding new cables that were forgotten, or some new technology arrives).

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page