Can the HTD Lync system be controlled by C4 or Crestron? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-14-2012, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi guys,

I'm asking a lot of questions and starting a few threads so that I can get all my questions answered, so please bare with me.

I'm setting up my new home with a bunch of pre-wiring for a future home automation system, however the HTD Lync whole home audio system is a system I may invest in right away. My question is, if I install the HTD now can I retrofit a C4 or Crestron system to control the HTD later on, or is the HTD an exclusive system which can only be controlled by its own keypads?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 79
From a brief search, I think the HTD Lync system can be controlled with serial/RS232, so that it could be controlled with Crestron. You would need to confirm this with HTD.

Since it's not a popular system to control, I don't know how much extra it will cost to program the control (if any). Other audio systems, such as some from from Russound and Nuvo, can be controlled very easily.

Get a copy of the serial/rs232/IP control codes from HTD and hand them to your C4 or Crestron dealer to find out.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page