Russound UNO-S2 faceplates - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 4 Uno-S2 keypads, but think white would look better than the almond for my setup. Anyone know where I can get some white faceplates? Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Another idea would be to change the bezel around the keypad. The outsides are the same dimensions as a two-gang Decora style faceplate. The center portion needs to be cut out and then an Uno will fit. I did this for two of mine, using brass faceplates.

The key was using a dremel with a cut off wheel and making the initial cuts slightly in from the desired edges. Then using a finer wheel to get it exactly to the correct edge. Looks perfect, even I was surprised how easy it was.

Otherwise, get a hold of Russound for some replacement kits.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-28-2012, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I haven't installed Russound, but a brief search shows that retapping of the screw holes is necessary to do this? It's easy to re-tap, just don't be surprised if the screws won't fit.

It seems to me that the screws that come with the Decora plate are slightly larger (6/32") than the Rusound keypad holes.

Do a search, maybe wkearney can confirm.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #4 of 6 Old 05-28-2012, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Don't recall having to retap anything. The Uno already has the necessary holes, both for mounting in a two-gang box as well as using a regular screw-on faceplate. The factory setup uses a keypad bezel, a faceplate and a mounting plate for the faceplate. That faceplate mounting plate uses the same holes as would a regular (properly cut larger) Decora style faceplate.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-28-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for tips. I will have to look around some and see what I can do. I was hoping there was an outlet to buy them. I am not a dealer so not sure russound would sell them directly to me.
post #6 of 6 Old 05-28-2012, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 77
I'd call Automated Outlet, Smarthome.com, Hometech Solutions, or ASIHome.com, and ask for a price quote.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page