Originally Posted by jparmar
1. Will Nuvo Music Port Server work with the Concerto System?
I don't believe so. The NuVoNet protocol changed between the Concerto and Grand Concerto. NuVo Tech Support could tell you for sure. But if you don't need keypad control of the MPS4, and could settle with just iDevice support, you could just hook it up as a "non-NuVoNet" device.
If you were going to go that route (non-NuVonet), you might be better off with one or more Sonos devices as sources, although the MPS4 does have self-contained storage that makes it somewhat easier to use.
2. Assuming it will work, with Concerto, does the music port require any porogramming? The reason I ask is that it seems many online dealers are selling it at a cheaper price. So if it does not need any programming will I able to install it myself.
The only settings on the MPS4 can be done from a web interface. You will need to set up the Concerto inputs (although assuming that won't work on NuVoNet, not a lot do to there, either)
3. Assuming it needs programming, does it need any special software for programming?
The only software is for configuring the Concerto or Grand Concerto. That software is available from NuVo Tech Support. Someone posted a link to a site containing the Concerto (not the GC) version here just recently.
4. Also assuming Music port will work with Concerto system, what will the features be that will not be available in my conerto system and would be available on a grand concerto?
Again, assuming it won't work on NuVoNet and therefore would just be an un-managed device with no keypad support other than volume on the Concerto. On the Grand Concerto, you get full metadata (artist/track/station/song) for your digital library plus whatever data is available from the Internet Radio / streaming audio services. Pandora and others are pretty good about having full metadata available. You can also browse your digital library and select streaming stations from the keypads.
5. While I was writing these questions another question came to mind. When I had initially gotten it installed it through the dealer, the dealer had programmed my conerto system for each source so that the wall key buttons would work with my sources. I assume it will need to be reprogrammed. Will I be able to get/buy the software required for programming it?
Yes, this is the Concerto Configuration Software mentioned above. Available from NuVo, no charge.
Hope that helps,