Source to HDTV wirelessly? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would like to hang my tv on wall with no wires visible. No source or furniture around it. I would like to know if i can hook up all my source(blu-ray,ps3,xbox) and HDTV to a network. HDTV will use the network to play Blu-ray movies from the blu-ray player. Is that possible? if not, any easier solution to hook everything to my HDTV wirelessly?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 06:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 365
You'll have to run power to a wall box behind the TV anyway - that may provide the opportunity to drop some low volt cables at the same time. Where do you want to put the equipment?

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #3 of 6 Old 06-24-2012, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

the whole plan is, make a small hole behind TV. TV power will hook up to wall outlet. then TV wifi will connect to network. all the source will be by the computer via wifi/ethernet cable. I just dont know if the TV can receive Blu-ray signal thru the network. Or do i need some kind of switch box? Basicly i dont want any wires connect to TV. Just the TV power going to outlet. Everything else will go thru Network. I am not sure if the Network can take data from blu-ray player to TV wirelessly.
post #4 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2411 View Post

the whole plan is, make a small hole behind TV. TV power will hook up to wall outlet.

Please don't run the TV's power cord through the wall. It's not rated for that purpose and against electrical code probably everywhere... Use a PowerBridge or similar setup to provide a recessed power outlet behind the TV. These products typically have pass-through areas for HDMI and other cables to route them to less-conspicuous locations for egress...
Quote:
I just dont know if the TV can receive Blu-ray signal thru the network. Or do i need some kind of switch box?

It cannot.
Quote:
Basicly i dont want any wires connect to TV. Just the TV power going to outlet. Everything else will go thru Network. I am not sure if the Network can take data from blu-ray player to TV wirelessly.

There are wireless HDMI products, but they all will have a receiver portion connected to the TV. I don't know if there's one small enough to hide under the TV, and many of those products require line-of-sight, anyway.

You can run everything off of a single Cat5e cable, using an HDBaseT "HDMI over Cat5e" extender, with the other end at your equipment/receiver.

Hope that helps,

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #5 of 6 Old 06-25-2012, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

thanks alot, that clear alot of my questions.
post #6 of 6 Old 07-22-2012, 09:55 AM
EdL

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I use the Actiontec wireless had kit. Mine fits behind the wall mounted tv. It was reviewed in a recent hometeheatermag article. It sends the signal thru walls and does not require line of sight. I get handshake issues when the signal passes thru my yammy a2000.

EdL
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page