Good Inexpensive HDMI Matrix - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-02-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Forget the splitters, I need a 8x8 HDMI matrix. I will likely run analog audio separately if I need to for remote sources, but expect most of my sources to be local, so no need for digital ins/outs or cross format conversion.

My need is that it will properly handle all HDMI signals I throw at it (including 3D and HD audio) and will output across all output simultaneously without issue.

I do NOT want flicker from the displays when a TV is turned on or off, or when a new source is added within a valid resolution.

So, if my 1080i cable/fios/sat box is on, and I turn the family room on, then I turn on the basement, my family room should not 'flash' or lose image because I added a new display to the matrix.

If my 1080p 3D source is turned on in the 3D compliant family room, but then turned on in the non-3D compliant playroom, I can handle it doing a resolution shift to 2D and 1080i. No big deal.

Any input is appreciated and I'm trying to keep it under $3,000 if possible. Would like to know the experience others have had with products they may have tried.

AV Integrated - Theater, whole house audio, and technology installation in the Washington DC metro area.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-03-2012, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Try Snap AV, I know they make an 8x8 matrix but I don't know if you will be able to stay within your budget. I had a friend who purchased their 4x4 matrix with HDMI + CAT5e/6 outputs and it went about $1.4K.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Good luck. How much money do you have to spend? Have you looked at the Atlona HDBaseT products?

AI Limited
post #4 of 6 Old 07-07-2012, 10:57 AM

Liked: 10
The SnapAV 8x8 w/ mirrored CAT6 outputs retails for $5999.99 with the receivers at $149.99 each. The standard 8x8 is $3999. I believe Atlona's 8x8 only has CAT6 outputs and the receivers are $249.99 each with the matrix at $7499.99

Ryan Siu
Founder, Owner

The Modern Theatre LLC

post #5 of 6 Old 07-09-2012, 03:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Snap AV HDMI matrix switchers are very good but have a loud fan

also check out the new Gefen Toolbox GTB-HDFST-848 which lists for $2500.00 and can be purchased for under $2k: no fan and fast switching using FST setting

RT Com makes an excellent 8x8 matrix switch for around $2.5k that has an Ethernet GUI in addition to RS232 and IR control

Please take the high road in every post
Please do not quote or respond to problematic posts: report them to mods to handle
post #6 of 6 Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 PM

Just catching up on some old posts and wondered if anyone found or could PM me a link to the RTCom matrix for $2500. I am only seeing $5-6K.

Thanks
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
Matrix , 3d Hdtv , Iogear Cat5e 6 Extender

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page