Connection LCD TV and Projector over IP - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 07-04-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have searched the forum and read few related posts before asking this question.

I have three video sources (IP camera, laptop, DVD player). At any given time only one source has to be sent to two projectors and five LCD TVs. The distance between the source and destination will be maximum 700 ft.

My questions are:

1) Can I accomplish this using IP ?

2) Can I achieve HD quality over IP?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-04-2012, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Yes and yes, but assuming the laptop can generate an HD image, that's the only real HD source you've got... I assume the IP camera will be fed to the laptop. Look at the JustAddPower HDMI-over-IP solution. But assuming the 7 displays are not near each other, the solution isn't going to be inexpensive...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #3 of 5 Old 07-05-2012, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter

Jeff,

I have Axis camera capable of HD. No, this camera is not going into laptop. I am planning to use Axis P7701 video decoder.

I have read about JAP. Has anyone put JAP devices in the worship place setting to achieve video over IP? I would like to hear your experience.

Thanks
post #4 of 5 Old 07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Do you need audio with it as well - that video decoder has DVI out (no audio), and the JAP device needs HDMI in (audio and video).

A ZeeVee setup might also be something to look at, but with projectors in the mix (no ATSC/QAM tuners), that makes it a different mix.

Hopefully you'll get some commercial installers to check this thread, it's a different problem set than most residential setups.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
post #5 of 5 Old 03-05-2013, 10:04 AM

1) Can I accomplish this using IP ? Yes

2) Can I achieve HD quality over IP? you can get excellent video quality, but not in native HD format. The reason is that any video over ip/lan solution will use some sort of video compression techniques such as MPEG, MJPEG.

With that said, you can use Audio Video over IP Extender.
Four your setup of 7 displays and 4 source. Requiring only 1 video source to be displayed on all 7 Displays you can do this:

Connect your 4 video sources thru a 4x1 hdmi switch.
Connect the output of the hdmi switch to a HD Video over IP/LAN transmitter and connect to a 8 port Gigabit Ethernet switch. It can be a simple unmangaged ethernet switch that you likely already have
Connect a HD Video over IP/LAN receiver at each Display.

Note, for 700ft, you will need to put an intermediate ethenet switch in cascade since ethernet is spec for 300ft.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Projectors

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page