High-Powered Outdoor Volume Controls? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I just mounted a pair of DT-AW6500's running from an Elite SC-27 on Zone 2 for now with 140w/ch. That's a 7.1 system and I had to temporarily cannibalize the rear surrounds, but was thinking about getting a separate Behringer EPX4000, but the VC seems to be the limitation here. The DT's sound fantastic btw.

However, it turns out the VC I purchased that was advertised with a 300w capacity is really only rated at 75w/ch. So naturally I'm a little ticked and I want to return it before the 30 days are up and it burns up even with just the 140w now.

Seeing I'm only running a pair of speakers in stereo, I'd like to stay resistive for the better fidelity, but even with the expensive Niles and others, the highest RMS I can find is around 100w/ch RMS. I've got a big yard, pool, etc, in a rural area and the kids like to have a little more than background music over all the noise.

Does anyone know if anyone makes a higher-powered VC than ~100w/ch RMS? If not, I wonder if there is a way to wire two 100w controls in mono to somehow achieve 200w/ch? Not sure how to pull that off though?

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-13-2012, 10:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Guess not?
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version