Monoprice HDMI Matrix Switch (4x2) and IR Extender - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-13-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the monoprice 4x2 switcher seen here: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=5312&seq=1&format=2

I have a Buffalo wired IR extender running over Cat5 from which I am able to control the other devices in this location. I am however, unable to control the monoprice switch. If I use the remote directly I can control the switch. I see on the receiving side of the IR extender, the LED indicating it is receiving the signal. However, the switch doesn't seem to respond.

Has anyone used an IR extender with these switches or have any troubleshooting suggestions?

-----------------
A/B Pre-Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Vin
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I have the same HDMI matrix switch in my basement setup and have no problem controlling it from my bedroom on the 1st floor with the NextGen wireless remote extender (http://www.amazon.com/Next-Generation-Remote-Control-Extender/dp/B000C1Z0HA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1342457025&sr=8-1&keywords=nextgen+remote+extender) and the URC-8820n remote that I learned the buttons to from the original remote that is supplied with the switch.

Vin
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page