Official Crestron CLS-C6 Owner's Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 07-24-2012, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Looked/searched all over AVS and couldn't find this forum. (Hope it's in the right forum folder!)

I bought my Crestron off fleabay cheap ($210). It sat on the shelf for months waiting for install.

Now that it's finally installed, I am missing a substantial amount of hair from the stress. I had one of the six channels where the power ran opposite of the other five circuits. Even hitting the "Everybody ON!: button, five circuits said "Sure!" and one cicuit (number 4) said "No."

And vice versa.

ME: "Everybody OFF!"
CIRCUIT #4 "I'm awake!"

Thoughts? Is this one of those things that you need a Crestron rep to program/reprogram?

Just keep talkin'. I'll let you know when you're right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-30-2012, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Following up on my first post...

I was wrong about Circuit #4 turning on when the rest of the unit turned off.

I was individually dimming Light Circuit #4 only, and even at 0% there was still enough voltage in the circuit to shock me. I've since found that to be true for all the circuits.

If I hit the OFF button, it kills all the voltage. But if I individually dim to 0%, there is still quite a bit of juice in the line.

...And at 100% there is no voltage in Circuit #4. Madness. Madness.

So, I guess Circuit #4 is just bad. I've tested with a Volt Ohm-meter right at the terminals on the Crestron and it's no-go.

post #3 of 7 Old 08-04-2012, 12:34 AM

Liked: 11
Unfortunately if you buy off the bay then you don't know history.....

What loads do you have on the channels? I have seen some really screwy stuff with loads that are too low. I think the minimum on one channel is 40W and you need to make sure you have the correct type defined too.

They are normally pretty easy to set up though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-05-2012, 04:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Really? You need an owner's thread?

post #5 of 7 Old 08-05-2012, 05:28 AM

Liked: 11
What do you consider a lot of juice? I have done a lot of testing of these; pretty much every time a client calls after a lightning storm... At any rate, they do tend to leak a fair amount of voltage unless you use an off command; up to about 10v. This is because the dimmer buttons don't appear to open the air-gap relay which is opened when you send an off command.

If you have these hooked to a very sensitive/cheapo electronic LV or relay controlled lamps, 10V may be enough to maintain light.

In the ILUX software package, you have the ability to set upper and lower limits. These limits are specifically intended to make it appear the lights are @ 0% or 100% if the user wanted those to be the upper & lower limits but display @ full or 0 power. So if this ilux module had been hard-coded with Ilux software before you received it, until you either wipe all that off or connect it to a lighting control processor from Crestron and allow the control system to "override" the on-board logic you may be getting undesirable results.

Also note that if it maintains light, it is likely the fixture is a non-dimmable fixture. If you have enough voltage to get shocked, it's likely enough to maintain the "trigger" to an ELV transformer.

If you need some help with this, let me know, if you can't find someone local who won't slam you on labor, you can pull the unit and send it to us; we can reset everything in our office, update firmware and test all outputs for a flat service rate.

Shoot me a Private message if you need to contact me, I don't subscribe to forum posts and am not on here very often.

Chad S

post #6 of 7 Old 08-06-2012, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

You are awesome Chad. Thank you.

I may take you up on that offer in the near future, but for now I'm in the final stages of "finishing" (HA!) my HT and everything works "well enough."

I only had five circuits, so once I get past the psychology of pressing 1, 2. 3, 5, 6... It's okay.

I don't perceive any light emanating from the fixtures when they are completely dim, but if I touch the wires there's enough tingle left in the current to make it uncomfortable to maintain any kind of skin contact with them for more than a few seconds. I didn't slap the volt-ohm meter on them to measure. It was enough to know A.) Didn't illuminate the light but B.) I shouldn't work the circuit hot based on the individual dimmer, but instead use the Master Power Off.

Thanks again for the offer. I will probably be in touch, but more like this Winter (after months of 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 starts to grate on my anal retentive nature).

post #7 of 7 Old 08-06-2012, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifor View Post

Really? You need an owner's thread?

Well apparently I did. I had a problem and the brainpower of AVS offered me an affordable solution.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page