Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Experts. A newbie question.

Specification:
==================
1) One laptop with VGA, HDMI and S-video output

2) Three LCD TV where the maximum distance from laptop to any laptop is 100 ft.

3) I need to show the screen of laptop to all three LCD at the same time. The composite input of TV is already used.

Going through the forum, I think the best solution is VGA/HDMI over cat5.

If the above is true then can someone suggest some good quality baluns, VGA/HDMI cable etc.

if anyone has a better solution please post it.

Thnx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-05-2012, 04:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, as much as I'm a believer in wires; this may be a better solution for your needs:

http://go.iogear.com/lp/GHDSSW4/?src=HPBanner

These are available in kits which are -pre-paired (so you don't have to screw with doing your own pairing of multiple receivers to a single transmitter.

I have used these in multiple installations at this point where running wires was going to be quite invasive and create lots of mess & labor costs. That said, after seeing how well they perform; including in installs where I'm going between floors, walls, etc., I feel they are a good solution EVEN IF YOU DON'T NEED TO SIMPLIFY THE INSTALLATION from wiring challenges.

From a cost standpoint, they are not much more expensive than even cheaper HDMI baluns.

There multi-input/output capability makes them ideal for use with pretty much any display and they can upconvert from Component to HDMI.

Chad S

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page