Split and convert Component video 480i - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently output 480i component video from my HTPC to my AV receiver. I would like to also send a video signal to my kitchen TV. Since my receiver does not convert the signal which is input into it, and since it has only one set of Component outputs, I will (it seems to me) need to split my HTPC's Component signal (which I understand requires amplification for good picture quality) into two branches. One can then go to the AV receiver, and the other will need to be converted to either composite video or coax.

What hardware will provide the easiest (ie, cheapest) way to do this? My budget is very tight right now, and all help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-06-2012, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 357
You might be able to get away with just some Y-cable splitters, and then Monoprice has a Component to Composite converter...

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011407&p_id=7114&seq=1&format=2

No experience with that, but Monoprice has a good return policy.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page