Share sources across Russound Controllers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-15-2012, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi-

I'm doing a little bit of research, and I haven't figured out the right keywords to get to exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm prepping for a 12-zone setup in new construction. I'm looking at the MCA-C5 or MCA-C3 for a controller/amplifier, Sonos + Myro:Bridge for Pandora to get metadata to each of the keypads.

When connecting two Russound units via RNet (say that I have two MCA-C5's, which each have 8 sources and 8 zones per unit), can I then access any of the 1 of 16 sources from any zone, or am I limited to the sources (8) that are on the same controller/amplifier as the zone?

Here's a scenario in case this doesn't make complete sense:

1st MCA-C5:
==========================
Source 1: AM/FM
Source 2: Sonos
Source 3: Great Room Receiver
Source 4: Office input jack
Source 5: Exercise input jack
Source 6: Master Bedroom Receiver
Source 7: Kitchen input jack
Source 8: Paging input

Zone 1: Master Bedroom
Zone 2: Master Bathroom
Zone 3: South Spare Bedroom
Zone 4: North Spare Bedroom
Zone 5: Guest Suite
Zone 6: Guest Bathroom
Zone 7: Garage
Zone 8: Outside

2nd MCA-C5:
Source 1: AM/FM
Source 2: Family Room Receiver

Zone 1: Office
Zone 2: Kitchen
Zone 3: Dining Room
Zone 4: Pantry
Zone 5: Entry bathroom
Zone 6: Bar
Zone 7: Exercise

- Can the zone "Dining Room" (Source 3) from the 2nd MCA-C5 access "Sonos" (Source 2) from the 1st MCA-C5?
- If "Exercise" (Source 7) from the 2nd MCA-C5 is using AM/FM (Source 1) from the 2nd MCA-C5, can "Bar" (Source 6) from the 2nd MCA-C5 use AM/FM (Source 1) from the 1st MCA-C5 to listen to a different station?

I'm looking at my plans and thinking that I may be able to get by with an MCA-C5 for the 1st unit, and an MCA-C3 for the second unit, but since I have over 7 sources, if I have to manually connect the devices with patch cables to "mirror" the sources across both units, I won't have enough source inputs on the MCA-C3.

Thanks to anyone that can help out - I can't seem to find anything in the documentation that talks about this with setting up multiple C-series controllers.

Thanks,
Derek