I always keep my Samsung Series 7 laptop connected to my LG 55LW5700 television through an HDMI cable. I would like to get rid of the cable and project my laptop's screen wirelessly on the television.
The only option I have found is to buy an Intel WiDi receiver for my television. Is there a better/cheaper way?
As for the Wireless Display receivers, which would be the best one? My choices are:
1. Netgear PTV1000
- $34 - Cheapest option but can only project resolution upto 720p. Will this make a big difference when watching 1080p movies from my laptop?
2. Netgear PUSH2TV HD PTV2000
- $92 - Expensive but latest gen and capable of displaying 1080p
3. Belkin Screencast TV adapter
- $60 - Can display 1080p but seems not as well reviewed as the Netgear on Amazon
At the moment I am thinking of going with the Belkin one as it is cheap and can display 1080p. There doesn't seem to be much discussion on AVSforum on these devices. Anyone have any opinions on what would be my best option?