new install, 1 zone needs 2 channel stereo plus mono( bedroom stereo+ 1 bathroom mono) and another zone needs 4 channel (bedroom + deck) and mono for bathroom. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-18-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
most likely doing a nuvo setup. perhaps russound or niles depending on the deal I can get on Nuvo. assuming NUVO Essentia what is the best way to set this up these 2 zones?

obviously I can do a line level preamp out of the nuvo Essentia and use something like 2 NV-D460 240 watt 4 channel amp but that means an extra 1000 bucks worth of additional amps and I really don't think I need that much power. if this is best perhaps someone can recommend an alternative amp

so what would you recommend.

can I add some widget to amplify distribute an already amplified signal? or is a line level the best way to go. I also strongly considering doing independent volume controls for each bathroom and the deck which are apart of 2 separate bedroom zones.

does anyone know if I can do a simultaneous line level output and amplified output from the nuvo Essentia, basically the same as the grand concerto
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 376
So you have more than six zones total???

The Essentia has fixed/variable outputs for Zone1 and Zone2, so you can add an external amp to either "expand" those zones or replace the internal amp for that zone. So yes, those outputs are simultaneous...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page