Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are just completing a new home build and I am stuck on the one final component of our Distributed Video portion. What I am looking for is a remote control system (RF or IR) which has the ability to control approximately 6 devices, two of which are identical. Does anyone have any suggestions as to which remotes to use for this?
We will be having 4 video zones so ideally I don't want to have to try and stick 4 separate IR transmitters on each of the devices. I will do this if needed however I'm assuming there has to be an easier way.
Just in case it helps, here is the setup I plan on using:
- All equipment located in utility room
- Audio zones controlled via Sonos amplifiers and through our iPhone/Android
- 4 HDMI Video zones
- 4x4 HDMI Matrix (Aten VM0404H)
- HDMI Extenders w/ IR pass through (Aten VE810)
- For the remotes I was looking at the Logitech Harmony One / 900 series. This I am very open to suggestions. It just needs to be easy to use for the family and I do not want to be forced to pay someone else to configure.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Where I am really stuck is a controller which will be able to manage the identical boxes (satellite receivers) without having to go to a home automation controller. I'm willing to listen to even some suggestions about some of the other components being used as well.