Blue-Ray Setups. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I need some advice for setting up my Blue-Ray player for the best possible audio and video quality.

First of all, I purchased a Panasonic Plasma TC-P65VT50 TV which features 3D capability, I will be purchasing an Integra DHC-80.3 pre-amplifier, Integra DTA-70.1 9 channel amp and an Integra DBA-50.3 Blue-Ray Player which also features 3D capability. Also; if it really matters, I will be using XLR cables to connect my pre-amp to my amp including an XLR cable between my powered sub's LFE and pre-amp..

My questions is: What would be the best setup to use.

1) Connect a HDMI cable from my Blue-Ray player directly to my pre-amplifer HDMI input and connect my pre-amplifier HDMI output to my Plasma HDMI Input.
Example: Sending all my Blue-Ray's A/V sources straight to my pre-amplifer through one HDMI Cable and I guess there will be a video pass-through to the T.V. through my pre-amp and the pre-amp will detect and code the audio signals and send them to my amp and then to my speakers.

OR

2) Connect a HDMI cable from my Main output of my Blue-Ray player directly to my T.V. main input by-passing my pre-amp HDMI connection. Then attach a second HDMI cable from my Blue-Ray HDMI Sub out to my pre-amp HDMI Sub input.

Example: splitting up the two signals. Sending all my video straight to my T.V. and sending just my audio signals straight to the pre-amp to be coded and sent to my amp.

Most everyone uses one HDMI cable that sends all A/V signals straight to the pre-amp or receiver. Then a cable from the receiver to the T.V.

I just want to know if it really makes that big of a difference in video and audio quality buy using two seperate HDMI cables?

And on another note, would synching both the video and audio pose another problem by seperating the two?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance and I hope you all have a peaceful life.

Integra DHC-80.3 Pre-amp
Integra DTA-70.1 9 channel amp
Integra DBA-50.3 Blue-Ray
FL, FR, C - Definitive Technology RCS II Speaker
SR, SL, SBR, SBL - Definitive Technology RSS II Speaker - Bi-polar
J.L. Audio Fathom F112 Subwoofer
Panasonic TC-P65VT50 Plasma
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 04:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Makes no video difference, but going roundabout the AVR will likely create audio headaches. Just run all HDMI source to the AVR and a single cable to the TV.

And don't spend a fortune on cables (especially the XLR stuff) - not going to get into a balanced/unbalanced debate, but just don't buy Monster versions of all that...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Thanks jautor for your reply. So if I'm not mistaken, I should send one HDMI to my TV and a seperate HDMI to my receiver for audio only and not opt for one HDMI cable to do it all?

Peace to all.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-08-2012, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 341
No, just one cable from BD player to AVR, them one from AVR to TV. Carries both audio and video, but doesn't get the tv in the audio path...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page