Another "New to WHA Need help with system selection" Thread. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-12-2012, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have recently purchased a home which is prewired for WHA. 6 Zones. 12 In ceiling speakers/2 per room. I am having trouble deciding which way to go. I am also having a hard time figuring out if the systems I am looking at (Russound/ HTD Lync) will handle TV/Bluray. Is that standard or would that be a separate component in the rack to be able to send it/call it up in different rooms?

HTD Lync: I am drawn to the HTD Lync primarily on price. I also really like the fact that intercom is standard. I have 4 kids and it would be great to be able to get an intercom as part of the deal. I also like the zonal input feature where Ipods/Ipads could be lined in and shared all over the home. However the lack of metadata at the keypads is a big turnoff. Can anyone comment on whether or not HTD Lync can handle TV/Bluray?

Russound: If I buy MCA C5 and the DMS 3.1 will I need anything else to handle TV/Bluray? Is there a intercom possibility for an add on?

Intercom: Am I silly for wanting this as part of my "system?" Is there a better way to get this without compromising my system? Is intercom + video possible?

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-13-2012, 06:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy g View Post

Can anyone comment on whether or not HTD Lync can handle TV/Bluray?

If you mean "distribute video signals to the zones", then, no, these are all "whole house AUDIO systems"... But you can certainly connect the audio output of any set-top box or Blu-ray player to the system and listen to the audio in any zone.
Quote:
Intercom: Am I silly for wanting this as part of my "system?" Is there a better way to get this without compromising my system? Is intercom + video possible?

I'm not a fan of intercom systems for most houses - I find them annoying more than useful. But many people, especially with younger children, find them useful. Adding one on to a WHA system is not likely, but there are "phone systems" for residential use that will contain paging / intercom functions.

And if you want video, you need to look at a "distributed video system", likely separate from the WHA system if budget is a concern (integrated systems will be quite expensive).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 4 Old 11-13-2012, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thank you. I thought that was the case. I was hoping for something different in that the installer of my system indicated that it was previously possible to put a Dish receiver and a bluray player in the stack and have the bedrooms (already wired for this) be able to call up tv or a movie and have signal on the tv and sound from the in ceiling speakers. One more questions. Which distributed video systems are recommended/top of the lists now?
post #4 of 4 Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Too many variables to give a simple answer. But most distributed video systems are based on HDMI "matrix switch" products. It depends on what your goals are and what sources you want to share. Note that "sharing" a Blu-ray player or a satellite set-top box may not make economic sense (if that's your reason for centralizing the sources).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page