In-wall audio switch / volume control? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My goal is to install in-ceiling speakers in my bathroom and be able to listen to 2 sources:

1. zone-2 (rca) output from another receiver
2. local input

I'd like to have the local input in the wallplate as well. My goal is to be able to plug in my phone or mp3 player via 3.5mm cable while I'm in the bathroom and just have it sit on the counter. But I'd also like to be able to listen to the zone-2 output from the living room receiver. So ideally I'm looking for a single-gang wallplate with volume control and a simple input switch. Does something like this exist? The closet thing I've seen is from a proprietary system that would require me to purchase the matching amplifier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Don't know of any products that will fit all of that into an in-wall solution, other than the NuVo local source amp you probably already found. You could make that product work without a NuVo system, but it would be a kludge and you'd still need an amplified source remotely.

If you're using an iPhone, consider getting either a bluetooth audio receiver for your AVR or an Airport Express. Either way, you send the audio wireless to an input on your AVR and solve the problem that way. Then you don't have any cables to mess around with either, and you don't have to balance your phone near the sink. biggrin.gif

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=808836&Q=&is=REG&A=details

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My receiver that I will be using as an input is already AirPlay ready, however I would like to be able to play music from non-Apple sources as well. Too far away for Bluetooth.

I dont want the amp in the wall, just the source selector. Also dont have to have the local input in the same wallplate as the source selector. I can just add a standard 3.5mm keystone jack on a seperate wall plate for that. The main thing is the source selector. All the ones I've found are for use with speaker level inputs, not line level.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Ah, ok, I misunderstood your goal. This is easy, then. An AudioSource AMP-100 amp with dual auto-sensing inputs, and a pair of coax lines from the bathroom with RCA keystones (easier to use a 3.5mm-to-RCA cable).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page