Russound UNO S1 keypads but no controller - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a home that has russound UNO s1 keypads throughout -- about a dozen of them inside and outside. The previous owner took the CAM6.6 controller with them. I am not familiar with this technology and I don't know what I need to make the keypads functional. I have an Onkyo stereo receiver, but I also want to add a AV receiver or two to take advantage of the rooms that have builtin speakers for Dolby 7.1 or 5.1. What do you suggest? Do I need to buy only russound equipment, or are there other brands that support the UNO keypads?

I currently have my Onkyo receiver hooked to the speakers through a speaker selector, but of course the keypads don't work that way.

Should I try to get the russound systems working, or should I abandon that for a diffent s Yates altogether. Any advice is appreciated.

Bill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 06:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Read the Russound CAV and CAM manuals, to see if it will meet your needs for distributed audio. Also, read through the Russound threads here at AVS.

Those KPs will only work with Russound RNET controllers.

You need to decide yourself.

And, why didn't the previous owner leave the controller? To make $300 on eBay?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2012, 08:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, Neurorad, for the response. Are there any other options to consider other than the CAM or CAV?

As for the previous owners, they claim they want the CAM so they can hook up distributed audio in their mother's home (seems like they would need KPs for that), but they cited an eBay auction at $700 and asked me to make an offer. If you ask me, they sold the home advertising he distributed audio so the should have included the components necessary to make it work. I wasnt smart enough to ask and didnt find out until i closed on the house. But, according to real estate law, if it's not bolted on, it's not part of the house. They've been cheap about a lot of things you wouldn't expect from owners of a home in this price range. Thanks for the comment about the previous owners... I thought it might have been just me...live and learn.

Bill
post #4 of 4 Old 11-25-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 79
This thread may be of interest

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-custom/thread.cgi?29720

Some tips on Pandora via CAV/CAM.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page