Need solution for 4 "B" speakers - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 07:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 5.1 pioneer receiver, about 5 years old, pretty straightforward receiver, does the trick. We have the 5.1 hooked up for surround sound in our den, and we currently have 2 outdoor speakers on my deck hooked into the B speaker input.

I want to add another two speakers outdoors. I'm out of speaker inputs though. I'm looking into getting another receiver, but only to accomodate this need. I'm not looking to blow it out cost wise - we barely use the indoor speakers as it is. We actually use the outdoor more, and I love the way they sound. Need to add two more, ground speakers, down on the lawn.

I'm having difficulty sorting receivers by # of "B" inputs. I don't think I need one of those whole house receivers - or do I? Do those have 5.1 too, for one room?

Am I better off just having a workaround like a splitter? Not that fired up about having to manually click over if I do that, and not even sure that would work.

Any suggestions here? Anyone know of a reasonably priced receiver w/ 4 B speaker inputs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-26-2012, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 341
You can get a small impedance-matching speaker selector to allow you to safely (won't overdrive the receiver) hook up two pairs to those "B" outputs. RadioShack has one, and there are many available...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page