Russound MCA-C5 to Router - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 03:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am installing MCA-C5. When I have keypads and speakers connected I can access controller via USB only when CAT-5 disconnected. When CAT-5 is connected neither the USB nor the keypads can access the controller. I have set the IP address in the router firmware as well as the controller but still no communication. I have the controller connected through multiple switches to the router. All other devices work fine this way, just not the MCA-C5 controller. Should I just disconnect all keypads and set up network connection first, then connect keypads?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 04:30 PM

I have russound Mca-c5 and just spent about 30 hours trying to figure out how to update the firware in my devices. I did this using an old laptop running xp and used the rs232 port interface and scs-c5 software. I can help you with the details if you would like, but there are multiple documents available to help you load the firmware. The key is to use xp laptop with rs232. I couldn't get it to work with converters running windows 7. Let me know how I can help.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 04:34 PM

After reading message further, set-up the network using scs-c5 software. Wired ethernet connection to the controller and set the ip address. Keypads and sources are configured in the software. You are probably best resetting the system to defaults and starting from scratch. The system is quite reliable once you get it configured.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page