Any thoughts on this ViewHD 8-1 HDMI switch? Need one with 6 or more HDMI inputs with audio - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-03-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm in need of an HDMI switch that has a minimum of 6 inputs and 1 output, the more the better...

I have 4 in my Marantz receiver but i need a few more. And there are times when I run into the "too many connections" type error when I have too many devices in the HDMI chain.
So, I would take the HDMI to the TV and the audio to the receiver and eleminate the marantz in the HDMI chain.

I like the price and features of the ViewHD one below. Any thoughts on this brand or unit? I didn't see many others that have this many inputs and was under $200.

http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Multi-functional-Converter-Support-Surround/dp/B004K61QAS/ref=sr_1_3?s=tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1354548200&sr=1-3&keywords=hdmi+switch

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-03-2012, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 341
How many HDMI inputs does your TV have? Could you take some of the sources directly to the TV's inputs, and route digital audio to the AVR separately? The only device that really takes advantage of audio-over-HDMI is the Blu-ray player.

If you've got a universal remote, this hybrid connection scheme can be made completely hidden from a usability perspective...

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page