Interesting Way To Set up Multi-zone - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-13-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking around the web for multi-zone solutions and I came across this one. It's connecting DMX controlled amps together and is controlled by an iOS device. The company that suggests this layout is out of Spain and I could not find any U.S. type setups or devices that make it possible. I'm sure I didn't look hard enough or don't know what to search. I'm a newb and wanted some opinions on this setup. I would appreciate any. Thank you!!

http://www.makeitworkblog.com/build-a-multizone-audio-system-controlled-by-ipad/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Probably best if you can outline what you are trying to achieve and then folk can fire in some suggestions – there are lots of iOS Apps + Networked Control hardware options you could use with all manner of kit via RS232 and or IR.

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

post #3 of 4 Old 12-15-2012, 03:38 PM

Liked: 13
Why not go the uber-easy route and grab some Sonos units? For each Sonos Amp, you create a new zone. Each zone can play its own music at its own level; or you can group zones together, and all zones can play the same thing (though still able to control volume for each zone independently).
Rasta Linus likes this.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I created a cheap DIY multi-zone audio system using Logitech Squeezebox server software on my HTPC and regular 2ch amps. Controllable via iOS or Android dedicated apps (free), WebOS app (paid) or just a web browser.
Code:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1350118/running-multiple-softsqueeze-streams-from-one-pc

The best part is that if you have any amp, speakers and PC, you can test it out for free very quickly and easily.
Rasta Linus likes this.
Reply Home A/V Distribution