Onkyo HT-RC270; zone 2 questions. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-18-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
With the receiver mentioned above, am I able to use that receiver to power 2 (2.1) theater rooms? One room is my bedroom, the other is the living room. I know the receiver has a 'powered zone 2,' but can it also do video sources as well? Such as a movie playing in one room, and a different movie in the other, with source being played from my computer? If I am able to how would I go about doing this? The manual doesn't really say anything about this. The receiver has only one HDMI out for video. How about the sub output? How would it know which output goes to what room? Just wondering if the receiver is capable of doing this, if not I'll have to go out and get another receiver for the living room. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-18-2012, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 341
No, it won't do want you want.

Most (if not all) receivers support only 2-channel audio for Zone 2 (no separate .1 subwoofer channel). Some new models have an HDMI matrix switch built-in, so they can provide video as well. In that case, if you want anything more than simple 2-channel audio in the 2nd zone, you'd take the 2nd zone HDMI video output and run it to another AVR to provide the 5.1 audio decoding.

This would be the same basic result as if you bought another receiver and an external HDMI matrix switch, and connected both receivers to the outputs of the matrix.

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht

post #3 of 3 Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Jeff! Looks like another receiver is on my x-mas list.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
Onkyo Ht Rc270
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page