NuVo P3100 for WHA - Opinions wanted - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-19-2012, 07:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Long time reader, first time poster here.
Going to start a new build in a couple of month so considering my options in relation to WHA.
NuVo P3100 seems to be within a budget. Since I already have a functional NAS (music and movies) I see no need for more expensive systems that come with Media Servers.

I would appreciate any opinions on P3100. ( i will require two units for 6 zones)

Furthermore, the P3100 doesn't offer any wall controller options. However it does come with an android app.
Would you recommend 3rd party controller? If not, I could always get a 4" Nexus and mount it on the wall with NuVo android app running permanently?
Obviously If I don't install wall controllers, I would have to do speaker runs all the way down to "AV closet".
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Vladt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-19-2012, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 609 Post(s)
Liked: 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladt View Post

NuVo P3100 seems to be within a budget. Since I already have a functional NAS (music and movies) I see no need for more expensive systems that come with Media Servers.
I would appreciate any opinions on P3100. ( i will require two units for 6 zones)

It just started shipping, we'd all like to hear a review of the new gear... The feature set is excellent, NuVo builds good stuff, but without seeing the implementation / user interface, I have to reserve judgement. I really hope it's excellent.
Quote:
Furthermore, the P3100 doesn't offer any wall controller options. However it does come with an android app.
Would you recommend 3rd party controller? If not, I could always get a 4" Nexus and mount it on the wall with NuVo android app running permanently?

They have an iOS app as well. With iOS6, the "guided access", you can lock an iPod Touch (or any of them) into a single app as well... You'll certainly find more options for mounting an iPod touch, just based on volume.
Quote:
Obviously If I don't install wall controllers, I would have to do speaker runs all the way down to "AV closet".

You'd do home runs for speakers with most of the keypad-based systems as well. The exceptions were the A-bus and Digi-5, but for new construction (if that's what you mean), you should definitely home run speakers, loop the speaker wire through a keypad location, and run a cat5e to that location as well. If you don't expect keypads now, you can either use blank plates to cover the location, or just document and bury the wires behind the walls for later retrieval if and when you want a keypad.

I'm hoping we'll see NuVo add support for the new server to work with the Grand Concerto, so we can get keypad support to use with the P3100 (or an amp-less version intended for the GC).

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution