I have been lurking around for the last several months reading and studying the various posts on this forum. I am in the midst of building a house and could use some feedback and counsel. First I have an AV professional hired to do most of the installation. The company has agreed to allow me to purchase equipment or provided components I already own as part of their install.
What I would like to know is what am I missing or where I have gone wrong in my equipment selection.
1. I would like to centralize all the equipment in a 19” rack located in the media room. Rationale is the movie projector and TV for the Great room are close enough that I can use HDMI cables from the AVR versus using baluns and possible HDCP problems.
2. I want to install a whole home audio system
3. We do not want to go down the expensive route of matrixes as most of the TVs get rarely used outside the Great Room and Movie Room and we normally keep the same channel from Comcast.
Here is the setup:
7.1 Speaker setup
- HTD Level 2 Towers for LR; HTD Level 2 Center; Speakercraft AIM7 Two Aimable In-Ceiling Speaker for SR/SL; HTD Level 2 Bookshelf with stands for BL/BR (still to be purchased)
19” Mid Atlantic Rack (still to be purchased)
Contents within rack
- Denon AVR 4520CIE3 – Provides 2 main HDMI outputs that can have ARC to the projector Sanyo PLV-1080HD and Great Room TV Samsung PC550; Zone 4 HDMI to the rest of the house via splitter (still to be purchased)
- Sony Blu Ray BDPS300 (already own)
- Comcast Pace RNG 110 set top box (already own)
- Apple TV V3 (already own)
- Monoprice PID 8207 1 x 4 HDMI splitter to CAT5/6 (still to be purchased)
- HTD MC66SET40-KC7; MC-66 controller, DMA-1240 multi-channel amplifier, 6 KC7 keypads and IR accessories (still to be purchased)
- URC MSC-400 with RFX-250 (already own)
- Monster Power HDP- IR250 power conditioner
Within the media room the projector will display video from Blu Ray, Comcast, and Apple TV. Audio is through receiver 7.1 channel. URC MX-3000 (already own) will control 19” rack components and projector.
Samsung TV (already own) will get its video from Denon AVR (HDMI output ARC #1 and its audio to the 2.1 setup)
- L and R channels are Speakercraft AIM7 Two Aimable In-Ceiling Speaker (still to be purchased)
- Subwoofer is SpeakerCraft 8.2BAS Passive In-Ceiling Subwoofer (still to be purchased)
- URC MX-880 will be used as the remote (already own)
All other Rooms with TVs (Master BR, Second Bedroom, Kitchen, Patio)
1080p TV (already own)
2 speakers HTD HD R80 (to be purchased)
MX-350 x 2 for sharing between 4 rooms
Monoprice PID 8676 CAT5 to HDMI (to be purchased)
Note: Patio has 4 speakers
Laundry Room has 2 HTD HD R80 (to be purchased)
Have I missed something in getting audio and video to each of the rooms with the Denon AVR and HTD whole home audio? Not concerned with HDCP to other rooms. I have checked out that Pace set top box will allow video and audio to more than one TV. No 3D required and no gaming.