Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-06-2013, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I hope this is the correct forum area.

I have a new house with 4 TVs and 4 att Uverse boxes. I'd like to expand with additional TVs and centralize the att boxes such that I can use the 4 boxes amongst more than 4 TVs. I don't really want to buy more Uverse boxes and I don't think that they support more than 5 anyways. I basically want to share the 4 streams amongst more than 4 TVs because I never need more than 4 at a time. What products should I be looking at to do this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM

Liked: 32
UVerse supports up to 7 boxes, but depending on the number of streams you get, depends on how many tvs will actually be able to watch off of the 4 boxes. Basically the max number of streams you can have, is 4 total, no matter if you have 20 tvs in the house, only 4 people will be able to watch tv at any time.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks for the quick reply.

Per my original question, how could I go about centralizing the 4 Uverse receivers and using them amongst 6 or so TVs in my house? I would rather centralize the equipment and pay once for the infrastructure instead of buying additional receivers that cost more each month and still only get me 4 streams total as you point out.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM

Liked: 32
HDMI over Cat-6 wiring, then you can use iPhones, iPod touch's, or iPad's to control the box over the wifi network. You would also need a Matrix switcher http://audio-video-supply.markertek.com/search?w=hdmi+distribution also http://russound.com/video_overview.php You will find that the initial cost is what will take the bite out of your wallet.
Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page