How to move coax cable from floor to wall plate. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To begin I am in a bedroom with wood floor then thick carpeting. The walls are drywall. There is also a floor board around the room. I have a coax cable coming up through the floor in the center (not a corner). I will get a wall plate and mount without a box but with inserts. That is how I want too...no giant holes! Under the room is my garage with a dry wall ceiling. In the corner is the main meeting place of coaxials. It goes to the cieling where a 6" by 6" square was cut away. It goes up to the bedroom there. The hole isn't directly below where it comes up though. About one foot off. Up inside is a place I prefer not to stick my hand in too much. It is full of insulation. I can get a cutter and new tips if needed but what is the best way. Pull old cable out? Will I run into studs between the levels?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-07-2013, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 80
You want to re-route the coax into the wall, to a wall plate?

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
post #3 of 3 Old 01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Does your carpet extend below the baseboard? There is often a gap there large enough for a cable, so that you could run the cable to your cabinet/stand without being seen.

If you're set on adding a wall plate, take a close look into that 6" ceiling hole, with a flashlight. Cut a single gang hole in the TV room drywall, and drill with a long bit (10-18") down through the bottom plate. You may need to enlarge that 6" ceiling drywall hole to find it.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. -Buddha

Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the universe. -Fishbone
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page