Redmere vs. HDMI over Cat6 question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I'm working on mounting my TV above my fireplace and am taking the opportunity to move my sources to a closet at the opposite end of my living room, which is about 35-40 feet long. I've got another thread going in the construction forum about some issues I'm having with routing cables, but I figure this is the place to ask about what to run.

So my first question is, should I expect any problems with a Redmere cable transmitting CEC signals back from my TV to my receiver in the closet?

Here's my plan:

A Redmere cable from the receiver in the closet to the TV, for CEC control, return audio, etc.

Either a Redmere cable from an HDMI switcher (probably a 4x2 matrix so I can extend into the bedroom eventually) OR one of these: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10113&cs_id=1011310&p_id=8152&seq=1&format=1#largeimage

I am seriously considering the HDMI over cat6 + matrix box linked because it also does IR as needed.

My questions at this point: Opinions on running a redmere cable vs. cat6 conversion?

Can I run a redmere cable into an HDMI keystone jack? I'd like to terminate all of this instead of just having wires run out of the wall. This is probably my biggest question at the moment. I curious if the cable has to connect directly to each device for the chips in the connector to function properly
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
can't help on redmere i have never used it, but this might help you

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=109&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011009&p_id=9964&seq=1&format=2
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page