PC VGA Output to Projector and 10 TVs - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The bar I work at is looking to output the video from a computer VGA connection to a projector and about 10 TVs. Currently the PC only plays on the projector. A coaxial cable runs from a satellite box to an amp which has 10 coaxial outputs. What would be the easiest way to get the video signal to the projector and all the TVs?

My plan was to get a 2-port VGA splitter - one output to the projector and one for the TVs. One VGA output would be connected to a VGA to S-Video/RCA adapter, which would then connect to a RF modulator (RCA/S-Video to coaxial). The coaxial output of the RF modulator would then connect to the input on the coaxial amp which outputs to the 10 TVs. I don't really know what I'm doing though, so I'm not sure if this will even work, or if there is a better way to do it.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Do all the TVs have a VGA input? If so a VGA distribution amplifier would be the best bet. Converting even 640x480 (old DOS) to composite video and then RF will be unreadable unless you have really big text.

Look here:

www.extron.com
www.keydigital.com
www.audioauthority.com

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #3 of 5 Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm not sure if all the TVs have a VGA input. The TVs are on the opposite side of the bar as the computer though. We would have to run a lot of VGA cables across the bar if we used a VGA distribution amplifier. Also, the current coaxial setup is mostly in the walls and could not be replaced by any easy means.
post #4 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Best thing would be to give it a go with the modulator – you may need to bring your graphics guy/girl on-site and show him/her how it looks as they may have to adjust what they are producing to make it legible for your customers once the signal is mangled via the down conversion and modulation process.

If it does look poor you will have to weigh up the cost of a rewire vs. running a higher resolution VGA (or DVI/HDMI) signal over Coax!

Joe

If I've helped 'Like' me on Facebook - www.facebook.com/Octavainc

post #5 of 5 Old 02-04-2013, 01:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Fernand View Post

Best thing would be to give it a go with the modulator – you may need to bring your graphics guy/girl on-site and show him/her how it looks as they may have to adjust what they are producing to make it legible for your customers once the signal is mangled via the down conversion and modulation process.

If it does look poor you will have to weigh up the cost of a rewire vs. running a higher resolution VGA (or DVI/HDMI) signal over Coax!

Joe

What really going to be a problem is the NTSC (or PAL in your case) encoding. The dot crawl will be horrible. But as you said, with a crarefully designed GUI, you might get away with it.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page