Whole house audio help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, Having a house built and have 6 zones. Kitchen, Study, Master Bedroom, Master Bathroom, Kids Bathroom and Outdoor Deck. All have speaker wire from basement where I will put my equipment to volume controls and then going to ceiling speakers. In family room I have my 5.1 system with my Onkyo amp which I would like to incorporate into this setup. Would like to use the Sonos system but I would need 6 connect amps and that would be way over my budget..So would either the HTD DMA-1240 or Dayton Audio MA1240a be an alternative? Could I just hook up the other sonos equipment so I can control with Ipod or Ipad.? Any suggestions would be appreciated on what I should get and how to hook things up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-02-2013, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollastone View Post

Hello all, Having a house built and have 6 zones. Kitchen, Study, Master Bedroom, Master Bathroom, Kids Bathroom and Outdoor Deck. All have speaker wire from basement where I will put my equipment to volume controls and then going to ceiling speakers. In family room I have my 5.1 system with my Onkyo amp which I would like to incorporate into this setup. Would like to use the Sonos system but I would need 6 connect amps and that would be way over my budget..So would either the HTD DMA-1240 or Dayton Audio MA1240a be an alternative? Could I just hook up the other sonos equipment so I can control with Ipod or Ipad.? Any suggestions would be appreciated on what I should get and how to hook things up.

Wire for speakers and keypads, and look at the HTD systems (not just the amp) so that you can attach one or more Sonos Connect (non-amp) units as sources. The difference is that you'll get better zone controls (on/off/volume) from a WHA system as opposed to a multichannel amp with volume controls.

Jeff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 02-04-2013, 06:59 AM

I've got the 6 zone lync setup. 6 keypads with 3 additional volume controls. I also have a pioneer vsx 1122 that has airplay built in so I use zone 2 on the reciever as the WHA source. Which I guess would give me 10 zones total. Great system from HTD and very easy guys to talk to aswell.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-04-2013, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

The drywall is already on and there is no Cat5 cable going to volume controls for keypad.I was just going to control everything via Iphone , Ipad when I connect to the sonos system. Is there still a way to use the HTD systems without the keypads? How would I hook this up if I can?
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page