I have the following system to config:3/ 4 sources:
(1) Satellite receiver (CanalSat)
(3) Apple TV
(4) tbd3 outputs: TV displays:
(A) Panasonic Plasma TXP50VT50B
(B) Panasonic LCD TXL42DT50B
(C) Samsung UE32ES67102 AV Receivers
(i) Yamha RX-A820 linked to the TV (A) in HDMI direct
(ii) Yamaha RX-V373 linked to the TV (B) in HDMI/CAT6
All sources and AV receivers located in a cupboard.
IR signals will be controlled separately via an IR Router; all devices controlled remotely with Logitech Harmony Touch (x3, one for each TV).
Two different configurations for AV distribution:Scenario 1:
- A 4x4 HDMI Matrix Switcher: CYP OR-HD44E (explorer chip) or CYP OR-HD44S (silicon image chip). Is there an advantage to go for the ‘S’ version: I have been told that it automatically recognises if a the sat receiver crashes and is rebooted.
- All sources connected to the HDMI matrix inputs. The two AV receivers connected to the Matrix 2 HDMI outputs. AV Receiver (i) connected to TV display (A) via HDMI; AV Receiver (ii) connected to TV display (B) via HDMI Cat6 Balun. The last TV display (C) connected to the HDMI Matrix via HDMI Cat6 Balun.
- Is there a risk that the 5.1 audio signal from the matrix will not be converted in Stereo by TV display (C)?
- Is there a risk of switching problems given the double layer of switchers (matrix and remote controls)?Scenario 2:
- 3or 4no. HDMI splitters (CYP QU14S), each connected to a source.
- Each splitter connected to (i) the 2 AV Receivers (hence acting as switchers), in turn connected to the 2 TV displays (A&B) as above; and (ii) a switcher (CYP EL-41AT) directly connected to the TV display (C).
- By removing the switcher layer through the matrix, there is only one set of switching. hence avoiding to have a switcher run into a switcher. Hence would this config be more reliable/stable with the use of universal remote controls (as splitters do not need to be configured on the Harmony remote)
- The downside is: more devices and messy cables (17 HDMI cables vs. 10 in scenario 1).
For both scenarios, would you recommend to use HDMI CAT6 Balun of same brand as the Matrix/Splitters, i.e. for instance the CYP PU-103 Kit, or it does not really matter (was quoted the Aavara HDMI v1.4 over CAT, but sounds more expensive).
Many thanks in advance for any answers/recommendations between the two possible config.