Quick Crestron Series 3 ui question tws750 pw/lk - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a series-3 core matrix/ a/v Crestron system and am using TSW-750 touchpads.

Password locking the screen.. While I am a IT pro and vb programmer, I have no interest in a step by step answer. Heck.. I'm not even interested in destroyinh weeks of work my authorized dealer and installer did.. There is absolutely no issue with my system.. It is incredible and so is my dealer I do not have Crestron software nor do I want it.

They have not had a request to lock down a touchpad (the reason I will not touch my Crestron is the same reason I want to lock it out).. I don't want it screwed up!)

Because I respect my dealer and installer I do not want to bother them on the weekend, HOWEVER.. he is coming back to add in a few more things on Monday and I would love to say.. Hey.. remember the screen lock/password thing we were talking about on Friday?
Well I got foggy and posted the question to avs and another Crestron programmer said the following:

I am not looking for a layman or non Crestron programmatic answer .. I just need .. Want to point him in the right direction using the terms he is familiar with... Open Program __________ Look for _________ And a,b,c ...

In advance, I sincerely appreciate the help.. I'm a tech, even through I don't always touch, I always dig..

I posted a long while back on an a/v forum about how I had these LED TVs and some muxlab baluns that didn't work.. Actually nothing worked and I got screwed out of $20k by a NON-Crestron dealer and was begging for a fix that was low cost...

I am proud to say, I saved my budget from last year, made a sizable down payment in December, and budget the rest in 2013, and today with tears in my eyes I looked at a system that for the first time since we opened the doors on the new building for the company I work for.. Something, rvrn though it was just one floor out of two worked. It looked beautiful, everything we plugged in scaled, nothing lags It just works and it is so beautiful.. It is so perfect..It is absolutely incredible.. two of us from worek have been to two a/v conferences expos.. There is no /v product that can touch my Crestron.

All I could do tonight on avs while searching for Crestron is laugh at the uneducated posts over and over the essentially say.. "I want a Crestron system, but what it to be another brand that costs half as much." DON'T DO IT!!!! DON'T!
I knew better when I made that horrible mistake. As an IT Pro, our motto is in Technology you get what you pay for.. I didn't listen to my own advice and no, only a year and a half after moving into our new building, with 178 IT staff hours in setting up for classes, session, trainings, board meeting s etc.. We had everything ripped out almost a complete loss nd did what we wshe and should have gone with the first time...
a
We purchased a Crestron system, from an authorized dealer and installer and oh my goodness.. We got, exactly what we paid for.. A system that has a long life, that someone else can manage and all office staff can operate. We got something that works.. We have a Crestron.. If I only knew then, what I know now...

If you are an Authorized Crestron dealer and installer and ever have a customer on the fence, send them my way.. I have horror stories that would make Freddy Krueger look like finding Nemo.. I don't ever want anyone to go through the hell I have had to go through, and the losses my company suffered as resit of my cheaping it out recommendation.. It is simply not worth it...
It was the installers fault, but I take full ownership of the results because it was my decision... At least this time around, I made the right one...
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page