Problem with HDMI Control - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-17-2013, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all, I hope this is the proper place to post this question. Currently I have 1 HDMI going from my 65" Sony to my Sony AVR (HDMI 1 on the TV to the receiver HDMI input). All of my devices are connected via HDMI to the receiver (Video 1, Video 2, Game, etc.). Each device is working fine. Power on the TV and the AVR comes on. Power off the TV and the AVR goes off. Perfect. HDMI control is on the TV and all the devices. The 'scanning' feature on the TV finds them all until I plug something into any other HDMI port on the TV (2, 3 or 4). Doing this causes the HDMI control to not find a single device and prevent the AVR from powering off when I turn off the TV. Unplug the extra HDMI from the TV and the scan picks everything up again.

Is this normal ?

I am out of HDMI connections on the receiver (even have a switch for lesser used devices - OPlay, Roku, etc.). This latest HDMI connection is my Raspberry Pi that is running MAME. When it is plugged in, it works perfect - video and sound (over HDMI to the receiver). I just lose my 'control' to the other devices.

Is there any way to get all this working together ? As a last resort, I do have a front HDMI port open on the switch which I could use with a right angle AmazonBasics connector (so the cable doesn't come out of the front of the cabinet).

Thank you for any help/suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-18-2013, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Found a message this morning that explains exactly the problem that I am having - LINK - it mentions certain devices (powered or powered off) interfering w/CEC. Further down the page a link is provided for a CEC-less HDMI cable. I may give that a try or just use the front HDMI port on my swtich (not nearly as clean looking in the cabinet - but already in place).
Reply Home A/V Distribution

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page